Just whipped this up. Doing a collab with a vocalist soon, so instrumental at the moment.

Let me know what you think, c4c of course! ANY constructive criticism would be great. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and aren't 100% happy with this yet...

edit: Profile version sounds like ass

please, DOWNLOAD, it, from :

www.purevolume.com/peterdavison
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Last edited by mooshoepork at Dec 2, 2008,
Absolutely awesome. It's going to sound great when you get the vocals in. I think I might do this song when I get some recording gear at christmas, i'll have to practice those high notes that hayley somehow manages to pull off. Anyway, great cover.
I like how it sounds at 2:15. well i like it all. It sounds great. Good work. I'm no expert on mixing, but I think usually sometimes lead parts on acoustic sound a little weak. maybe put a reverb/chorus effect on it? But the tone of the chords sound perfect. It's a nice tune and I can see this being really awsome when a vocalist adds to it. P.S. I left you a comment on your profile about the equipment I use.
i'm not a fan of sloppy acoustic playing, so this one gets a thumbs up by me
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Never heard the song, but that's nice man. Good job and great tone. Thoroughly enjoyed it, it'll be great for the vocalist to lay a track over.
thanks for the replies guys

I'll mess around with a reverb on the lead track.

Make sure to download it though. For some reason when you stream the lead is really quiet...egh. Probably the way I panned it.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Great playing of this song. Ive only herd the original version a couple of times and this sounded just like it. The tone was great and the playing was clear. Keep up with the great work.
Thanks should be adding a singer too.

I'll experiment with some reverb too.
Quote by sashki
bump, this is so annoying. I crit like 10 people, and only you guys reply :P farken hell
Quote by sashki