Recently I discovered I've been anchoring and am now in the process of learning to play with my right hand hovering.

Now I'm worried that I'm picking up even MORE bad habits, which is something I absolutely want to avoid.

Eventually I want to play as well as the best out there (and I know I'm capable of it, music is my life) so I want to learn correctly from the start.

Besides finding an expensive instructor, what can I do to ensure I learn correctly? Can I fix this stuff later?
Doesn't need to be an expensive instructor - just a good one. He/she should keep you on the right path.
Quote by banjo1735
Doesn't need to be an expensive instructor - just a good one. He/she should keep you on the right path.

I have one that I like now, he's been playing for 30+ years, very enthusiastic and fun to learn from. However, he himself anchors so I was just kinda worried that he might not be my best bet for keeping on course. Maybe I worry too much, sigh.
dude first of all anchoring isnt necessarily a bad thing - i anchor my pinky sometimes when my hand doesn't need to do much - its all about comfort
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.