First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone (I appreciate this may not be the thread to do it in but I had to snatch spare seconds at work to type this lol).

I have just bought a Seymour Duncan Invader for my PRS SE EG (S-S-H) and am having some trouble wiring it up properly.

All the pickups including the Invader work fine and play perfectly until I switch to postion 2 (or 4 depending how you look at it) and use the middle single coil and bridge bucker. There is a massive drop in tone and volume.

Knowing that this was due to me having not wired up the red and white conductors to the auto-tap I tried again but the problem is the guitar doesn't have a standard US style 5-way selector so every wiring diagram I can find doesn't work.

Has anyone successfully made this mod to thier own PRS? If so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have done a couple of H-H configs before without any drama so am very keen to finish this myself and not pass it over to a shop tech.

Cheers guys
Quote by Si-monster
First of all I'd like to say hello to everyone (I appreciate this may not be the thread to do it in but I had to snatch spare seconds at work to type this lol).

I have just bought a Seymour Duncan Invader for my PRS SE EG (S-S-H) and am having some trouble wiring it up properly.

All the pickups including the Invader work fine and play perfectly until I switch to postion 2 (or 4 depending how you look at it) and use the middle single coil and bridge bucker. There is a massive drop in tone and volume.

Knowing that this was due to me having not wired up the red and white conductors to the auto-tap I tried again but the problem is the guitar doesn't have a standard US style 5-way selector so every wiring diagram I can find doesn't work.

Has anyone successfully made this mod to thier own PRS? If so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have done a couple of H-H configs before without any drama so am very keen to finish this myself and not pass it over to a shop tech.

Cheers guys
there is little documentation available to the public for PRS wiring, so it will be difficult to tell you where the series link (red + white) needs to connect to your selector.

i've heard that some of the pickup wiring on PRS guitars has opposite polarity from Seymour Duncan. the symptoms you report suggest that might be the problem. to match the polarity to the stock SC pickups, you may need to swap the Green and Black wires on the SD HB. try doing that, and see if it rids you of the weak nasal sound you have now when the HB and Middle are used together.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thank you very much for that mate. Will give that a try and update afterwards.
Were you referring to the green and black only? ie. leaving the bare wire where it is and red & white covered?
yes, definitely leave the bare wire connected to ground/common.

if you can figure out where to connect the red/white, i think that would be better. that will give a more even balance to how much each pickup contribute. but even just leaving red/white connected together and taped will sound strong if you have the phase (polarity) of the two pickups in agreement. you will be happier than you are now, for sure.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well you were absolutley right I reversed the black and green wires and now all is well. Incidentally I also had to swap the connections over on the switch for the middle and neck pups. No idea why but after reversing the polarity on the HB the 2 SCs were playing out of different postions. Now everything plays a treat...I'll leave the headache of the red and black for another day.

Thank you vary much for your help boss!