Page 1 of 2
I am Japanese and I was born and my father comes from the exact city that Ibanez guitar corporation was born: Nagoya, Japan.
Nagoya is famous for its foreigner friendly attitude, conservatism, industrial sites, and the heart of Japanese guitar manufacturing.

Ironically I absolutely don't like Ibanez Guitars.
It's still inaccurate since I've only played the superstrat copies, but my finger hurts when I press the frets on all the five guitars that I tested.

After all they are basically for heavy metal.

Do you have an Ibanez guitar?
If so, do you like it?

I heard the superstrats are still virsitile, but not for country and blues because of their super sensitive humbuckers.
Frankly I hate their solidbodies for the most part; The wizard necks are some of the worst I've played, I don't understand how their still used. At the same time though, their hollowbodies kick Epiphone Dot ass, and even whip a couple Gibson's IMO, and the ART series are excellent arch-topped solidbodies.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 2, 2008,
Seriously. Vintage Ibanez solidbodies, some of those Artstar ones, and the Artcore line are ****ing excellent. I had a full-hollow jazz box artcore until recently, when I had to sell it, but it was a favorite and I considered getting it a bigsby and some new pups and keeping it. I wouldn't write off the whole brand just because of their stupid "shred machine" shenanigans
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Articores are good?
Surprising.

I dislike that the S series is used by herman li, my least favorite guitarist.

But I should try the articore.
Its all a matter of personal opinion, like what car looks good etc. I have also sampled many a guitar, and I really enjoy most ibanez instruments, especially their "silly shred machines"
RG's & Mesa's
I kind of hate the fact that all their gorgeous les pauls require batteries for the humbuckers that cancel unneeded noise.

If 99 % of the guitars in this world don't have that system, why need it?
the art series.. art120 is a nice guitar...big deal needs 2 AA batteries!
they are brilliant humbuckers!!
get an art500 or 320...so nice...mmmm

the s series are fine, just the chinese whammy wanking guy ruins its reputation.
the s470dxqm is a nice guitar, just not metal enough
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
the art series.. art120 is a nice guitar...big deal needs 2 AA batteries!
they are brilliant humbuckers!!
get an art500 or 320...so nice...mmmm

the s series are fine, just the chinese whammy wanking guy ruins its reputation.
the s470dxqm is a nice guitar, just not metal enough

I'm not going to get a hollowbody for my first guitar
I have a Ibanez, its probably one of the best choices I have ever made in my life (music wise). In fact im nothing of a metalhead or a shredder my self and my guitar keeps up pretty well with whatever i choose to play, i do miss the nice clean tone of Fenders though....
I used to be an Ibanez fanboy, but now I'm only into ESP and LTD anymore. Ibanez guitars felt like toys after playing the LTD 400 series.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by radomu
but my finger hurts when I press the frets on all the five guitars that I tested.

Quote by radomu
I'm not going to get a hollowbody for my first guitar

So you don't actually play guitar?? Thats probably why your fingers hurt...

Also, the S series guitars are beautiful and have great control, don't knock them over something as petty as your least favorite guitarist using one too..
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by Green_Jelly
I used to be an Ibanez fanboy, but now I'm only into ESP and LTD anymore. Ibanez guitars felt like toys after playing the LTD 400 series.

I agree, ESP has everything Ibanez does, and more features to go with it. It also irritates me how even higher end Ibanez are bolt on.

EDIT: I'm just waiting for Schecter to take it another step up and start putting out some $1500ish guitars.
Last edited by zhunt1130 at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by zhunt1130
I agree, ESP has everything Ibanez does, and more features to go with it. It also irritates me how even higher end Ibanez are bolt on.
The bolt-on thing is completely a matter of taste. Noticed that upstart Fender brand recently? Why even their expensive ones have bolt necks!
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
my ibanez is great and all, but i love my les paul, much... MUCH more.
im selling my ibanez by the way, thats how much more i love my les paul.
Quote by drewsta42
The bolt-on thing is completely a matter of taste. Noticed that upstart Fender brand recently? Why even their expensive ones have bolt necks!

True but when you start talking about sweeps on higher frets, a neck through is much more convenient.

That's what I love about Schecters, they have that set-thru or whatever they call it that has the same access as a neck through. I can literally fret the 24th fret with my index finger, and I have relatively small hands.
Quote by ravioli123
So you don't actually play guitar?? Thats probably why your fingers hurt...

Also, the S series guitars are beautiful and have great control, don't knock them over something as petty as your least favorite guitarist using one too..

There's something about the design of the superstrat Ibanez guitas that I couldn't like.
They look too toyish and 90s.
Quote by radomu
I am Japanese and I was born and my father comes from the exact city that Ibanez guitar corporation was born: Nagoya, Japan.
Nagoya is famous for its foreigner friendly attitude, conservatism, industrial sites, and the heart of Japanese guitar manufacturing.

Ironically I absolutely don't like Ibanez Guitars.
It's still inaccurate since I've only played the superstrat copies, but my finger hurts when I press the frets on all the five guitars that I tested.

After all they are basically for heavy metal.

Do you have an Ibanez guitar?
If so, do you like it?

I heard the superstrats are still virsitile, but not for country and blues because of their super sensitive humbuckers.

I own and play an Ibanez SV470 - fatter Viper neck, and pretty versatile, tone-wise, even with stock pups... not really meant for metal at all, considering it has a fender-style trem. Good luck finding one, though - they quit making them almost 15 years ago, i believe.
Quote by radomu
There's something about the design of the superstrat Ibanez guitas that I couldn't like.
They look too toyish and 90s.

most ibanez are super strat..
they arent toy like..unless you have a basswood one..
they are built harder than most and can withstand ALOT of damage..unlike that ps3 shaped toy...
Quote by zhunt1130
True but when you start talking about sweeps on higher frets, a neck through is much more convenient.

That's what I love about Schecters, they have that set-thru or whatever they call it that has the same access as a neck through. I can literally fret the 24th fret with my index finger, and I have relatively small hands.

Thats because it is neck through.
And theres nothing wrong with bolt-on necks at all.
Quote by fairycake92
they are built harder than most and can withstand ALOT of damage..unlike that ps3 shaped toy...

lol nice one
im serious, i bashed my ibanez into my ps3...n it stopped working..yet ibanez s470 has held strong thru car crash + falling down the stairs!
Quote by fairycake92
im serious, i bashed my ibanez into my ps3...n it stopped working..yet ibanez s470 has held strong thru car crash + falling down the stairs!

why did you do that lol were you so pissed that you got pwnd in Resistance?
I own 3...love all of them. The RG isn't as versatile as, say, the Artist series. The only thing I don't like about my Ibanez, especially the Artist Series, is the stock pickups. But that allows you to customize your guitar to your taste later down the line.
Quote by fairycake92

I see, so Satch and Vai play the 'toy' models?
I have got a JEM top model, and it's absolutely WONDERFUL.
The neck is the perfect one, I think.The only thing that I don't like is the Evolution on the bridge, while the neck one is wonderful.
I also tried some Les Pauls, Jacksons, other Ibanez, and also a Music Man Petrucci signature, but I couldn't get as relaxed and that confortable feel like my JEM
Quote by Dark_Itachi
I have got a JEM top model, and it's absolutely WONDERFUL.
The neck is the perfect one, I think.The only thing that I don't like is the Evolution on the bridge, while the neck one is wonderful.
I also tried some Les Pauls, Jacksons, other Ibanez, and also a Music Man Petrucci signature, but I couldn't get as relaxed and that confortable feel like my JEM

interesting never heard of that company
Quote by radomu
interesting never heard of that company

Jem like Ibanez Jem...

Unless you were talking about Music Man, beautiful guitars...

Quote by ravioli123

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
Quote by ravioli123
Jem like Ibanez Jem...

Unless you were talking about Music Man, beautiful guitars...

Oh my god, the music man is just ****ing beautiful
Quote by Horlicks
I see, so Satch and Vai play the 'toy' models?

sorry let me rephrase
RG370 and less
Quote by radomu
Oh my god, the music man is just ****ing beautiful

Oh ho, you should see it in action my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7juplOA0w
Quote by ravioli123

Quote by Sensivitation
I ordered an Ibanez grg 270 dx ^^. I hope it won't be a bad guitar xD.

well it depends on the price
Quote by radomu
...meh, I just can't force my self to get into those virtuoso-like guitarsts, including Petrucci, Malmsteen, and Vai

Ok, I just wanted you to hear the Music Man being played...no need to diss Petrucci
Quote by ravioli123

Quote by ravioli123
Ok, I just wanted you to hear the Music Man being played...no need to diss Petrucci

I guess it was ok...
Quote by Sensivitation
I ordered an Ibanez grg 270 dx ^^. I hope it won't be a bad guitar xD.

its a gio range, dont expect much at all..
Page 1 of 2