Between a used Dean VX and one of the Douglas ones Rondomusic sells for $120, assuming the Douglas isn't one of their bad stock, which V would have better playability, construction, and hardware? I played the Dean at my local GC earlier, and it wasn't that bad. Which one is more likely to be a decent instrument (with a little work, paint, new pups, mods, tuners, etc)? I ask because I have no experience with this Douglas thing.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
im not sure, im a bit biased to the dean...
i wouldnt recommend buying any guitar under $500...
same as UK wouldnt recommend an ibanez lower than a 4xx series or a schecter under the hellraiser..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
I'm just making a noise-rock thing. Goal is to stay under $200 and give me something to do over winter break. So don't worry about the money, I'm just trying to find something usable but not great and hella cheap
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
noise rock?
if its purely for ****ing up..by all means get what feels worst
Well it's not quite for ****ing up. I'm planning on doing a Black Ice overdrive thing, and swapping out the humbies for a P-90 in the neck and a guitarfetish Vintage Hot humbucker in the bridge. THEN it's for ****ing up. So I want to be able to play it, I just don't really want to spend much money buying it as it won't become a main axe. Which is also why I'm getting a V instead of a real people shape haha. It's mainly for fun.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
gotcha...well then
im biased to deans.. so i say dean as they seem good in their low end series!
p90 in neck + hb in bridge...big range, big wiring job :P