Hi people, im looking to get a new guitar and ive set myself a limit of £500.

Im looking for 24 fret, fast neck, preferably 3 pickups, and a floyd rose style trem.

So far the ibanez RG1570 prestige is looking best so far, anything anyone else wud like to chuck in?
thats a bit naff, why do the lower end S series have a better bridge than the RG1570? but only 22 frets
i THINK there is a 24 fret S series...
cant be 100%
better bridge...that could be debated on here!!
yea ZR is wicked..
but the edge and edge pro are still genius trem systems!
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
yea thats the prob with new stuff, find used??
still anything but edge 3, lo trs II and cheap licenced trems are good
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Jackson Dinky or Soloist, pref used.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by moto_psycho
looking at the dinky

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/dk-mg/1259

better specs than the ibanez, not sure about the bridge again tho :s

Its a good guitar, great neck, not too heavey and looks sexy

although the pickups arn't the most versitle, there still very good for metal etc. And the LFR is alright, but nothing special.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i don't think the edge pro is any worse than the zr, it's just different i think. i'd probably go for the rg1570 if i were after what you were with your budget. unless something really nice came up second-hand (or just one of those one-off new deals you sometimes get lucky with).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, the pickups in the 1570 aren't amazing- the thing is, though, that if you think you might end up changing the 2570's pickups eventually, assuming you don't mind the slight cosmetic differences, the 1570 would save you some money which you could put towards the new pickups, and you could get "better" pickups (or at very least, pickups more suited to your personal favourite tones) than in the 2570.

But if you don't want to switch pickups, then the 2570 is probably worth the extra, as it is indeed better out of the box.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im not even playing live yet or anything of that kind so i think i might go for the 1570 and trade the pickups as you said later. Thanks Mc Dave!
And Washburn discontinued the X40 pro... It would have been beyond perfect.
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Yamaha RGX 320s custom (with Duncans)
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Yamaha Pacfica 120V (lol)
Encore Strat pile of **** (mega lol)
Saving for new amp
Quote by BackDoorEntry
im not even playing live yet or anything of that kind so i think i might go for the 1570 and trade the pickups as you said later. Thanks Mc Dave!

does the 2570 have a pickguard? if so, it may sound very slightly different (not worse, different) to the 1570 (which doesn't), but it's probably going to be extremely subtle, if even noticeable. just to warn you. if the 2570 doesn't have a pickguard (maybe it's the 2550 which does), then it's pretty much the same thing except for the pickups and cosmetics.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so what about the jackson dinky then guys?

i love high gain pickups cuz they allow me to make a lot more sounds, screams etc etc

so if the ibanez RG has **** pups and i have to spent £200 on a decent set? why not go with the dinky with the EMG's ? high gain is what im looking for
I'd get a Jackson Dinky DK2/DKMG or a used Soloist.

The thin Ibanez Basswood bodys have terrible tone unless shoved in a bass heavy amplifier and bass heavy pickups to boot, imo.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
IF interested in the DKMG, send me a pm I've got a beautiful one for cheap, free hardshell case too!
or email at stever@fast.net for pictures

Steve
BUY MY JACKSON
Quote by imgooley
I don't know what that shit (racer x or paul gilbert) sounds like.

Quote by DSchmitty
Gilbert is a bad riff writer.

Quote by JeffWiredBeck24

Treble - 0
Bass - 0
Mids - 0
Volume - 0
'Tude - 10
Whiny Voice - 10
Panties - White

Quote by Shabadoo
I brake for huge nuts
Quote by moto_psycho
so what about the jackson dinky then guys?

i love high gain pickups cuz they allow me to make a lot more sounds, screams etc etc

so if the ibanez RG has **** pups and i have to spent £200 on a decent set? why not go with the dinky with the EMG's ? high gain is what im looking for

because the jackson doesn't have as good a trem as the ibanez, and IMO isn't as nice a guitar either. it's 50:50 on whether you'd rather spend the £100-£200 on a new trem or pickups, but personally i'd rather spend it on the pickups as you have a lot more choice for pickups to suit you than you do for good trems- assuming you like the edge pro and basswood, that is. i don't agree that basswood is an inherently bad wood, it's great if you get good, "real" basswood, and it does the tone you want.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that the lower-end jackson pros (e.g. dk2 etc., but not the sl3 which feels of similar quality to the ibanez MIJ prestiges) feel like mediocre guitars with good name-brand pickups attached to fool you into thinking they're pro guitars, while the ibanezes are good guitars with mediocre pickups. if a company is going to cheap out, if you ask me, pickups is the place to do it because they're an easy swap (most pickups of the same type are the same size, so it's a direct swap, unlike a lot of hardware swaps- and it's an awful lot easier to swap pickups than to swap crap wood o_O), plus even if you have "good" pickups, they may not suit the tone you're after so you may end up swapping them out anyway. I mean, i have a jb and 59 in an edwards LP copy, and I'll probably end up swapping out the JB before long because it's way too hot.

of course, this is my opinion and plenty of people do like the JB, which is fair enough. I'm just giving my 2 cents.

you don't necessarily have to spend £200 on pickups either- people like swineshead and rockmonkey are pretty reasonably-priced (about £50 a pickup) and are handwound (unlike a lot of the big name-brand stuff), plus if you use one pickup much more than the others, you could always just switch one and leave the other two stock.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Second hand Schecter Hellraiser?
No middle pup though.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w