I'm getting an Roland Cube 60 in about 3 months. I have a Jackson Dk2S axe and I play Progressive/Power and Thrash metal. I'm wondering if there's a pedal which will combined with the amp give an timeless tone. Recommendations anyone?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
You don't use pedals with modelers like the Cube 60, they sound like arse.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I was going to get a cube 30X til I was told about the peavey vypyr, you should check it out. Better at metal im told. Theres a thread here at the forums on it. I've got one ordered

Great review at music radar I think too.
Quote by shadow__666
+1

I tried it and all I obtained were... buzzes
Actually I used to use a digitech death metal pedal with my Zoom fire modelling amp and it worked fine, but there was a special clean channel to use for pedals n stuff. Maybe the roland doesnt have one?
Quote by MossyMan
Actually I used to use a digitech death metal pedal with my Zoom fire modelling amp and it worked fine, but there was a special clean channel to use for pedals n stuff. Maybe the roland doesnt have one?

Of course it does. Pedals can be used with the Cube, it has a Rolanc JC clean model, which is fine for effect pedals.
Of course, it won't sound as good as a "regular" clean amp, whether it's SS or tube. For example, the actual Roland JC-120 (which is SS).
Quote by 08L1V10N
I'm getting an Roland Cube 60 in about 3 months. I have a Jackson Dk2S axe and I play Progressive/Power and Thrash metal. I'm wondering if there's a pedal which will combined with the amp give an timeless tone. Recommendations anyone?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE

Ask this guy.
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Quote by shadow__666

No.
Obviously you've never owned a Roland Cube before.
You absoltuely CAN use pedals with great success on the Cube's but you have to use them on the JC Clean channel/setting. I also own a Peavey Vypyr and it is a ss modeler and it takes pedals awesome on all the green/clean channels.