Another song I wrote, this ones about 2 weeks old.

Please let me know what you think of it.

This song is supposed to be like my other song "Behead the Messenger", straight forward and simple (not too hard to play). Crit 4 crit boys, you know how it works!

TURN RSE OFF, I write all my songs in gp5.2 and only have the drums RSE sound pack installed.
Attachments:
BeheadTheWeak_by_tabreezazad.zip
I really like this. You use lead well, as opposed to it being wanky, it really compliments the song. I particularly like the outro in terms of it being melodic yet heavy.

Interesting structure, but it does lend itself to repetition a little too much. That's my only real criticism, can't find much else that's wrong. Rhythm riffs are basically just chugs, which again suits what you're after. 8/10.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17430781#post17430781
I haven't seen structure like that before. I just think that you should at lease stop with the overused chugging in almost every verse and start exploring some parts. Bar 1 - 4 was great wish though were more used in the song. Overall, I liked this song. 7/10
Wow, a lot of chugging going on here. I like though, sort of song you couldn't help but like with a good vocal on top. Really dug the second bridge too, though the first time bar clashes pretty badly, with the lead guitar going from F to D and the bass/rhythm guitar going from F to D#. The beginning and very last note of your solo were a bit off as well, but the sweeps were very cool.

This is clearly the sort of piece you were going for, a chugfest, so I can't really complain there. What I would do, though, is make the drums a little less erratic cause you've got all kinds of stuff going on and it makes the faster parts too complex and the chuggy parts too chuggy.

Good stuff though.

Return crit link is in my sig
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
Wow, a lot of chugging going on here. I like though, sort of song you couldn't help but like with a good vocal on top. Really dug the second bridge too, though the first time bar clashes pretty badly, with the lead guitar going from F to D and the bass/rhythm guitar going from F to D#. The beginning and very last note of your solo were a bit off as well, but the sweeps were very cool.

This is clearly the sort of piece you were going for, a chugfest, so I can't really complain there. What I would do, though, is make the drums a little less erratic cause you've got all kinds of stuff going on and it makes the faster parts too complex and the chuggy parts too chuggy.

Good stuff though.

Return crit link is in my sig

Thanks for taking the time to check out my song! I'll critique yours as soon as I finish typing this post.

The drums, ah yes. I am no drummer and I try my best to make some cool sounding beats so for the most part the drums that are present in this song are just "temporary". I will be fixing them up and making them more coherent tomorrow when I get some free time. As for the solo, I wanted it to be off key a bit, I like dissonance and disagreeance in harmonies when it comes to solos, just a little touch of mine I guess, note that I don't usually do this for solos, only b/c I wanted this song to be "messed up" (just look at the song name lol).

And as for the chugging comments, hell ya, this is a chug song to the max I think, I can't really picture this kind of song not to be chug filled, I'll see what I can do about the structure of the song, def. will re-do a few riffs and fine tune so its not the same patterns over and over again.

Thanks to all for checking out my song, I have already critiqued webbtje's song. If you would like me to critique your stuff just critique mine and I'll happily return the favor.