Ok, I have a MG100HDFX full stack that I bought over a year ago (I jam at a couple different places so I just leave a cab and each and take the head back and forth). I found a Marshall Artist 3203 head for a couple hundred bucks and its in really good shape. I really like how this amp sounds but I don't have the cash right now to buy a nicer cab...at least until after I pay off my christmas shopping debt If I'm not mistaken, there is a switch on the back of the head that goes from 8 ohm to 4 ohm. Since the cabs are 8 ohm, if I was just using one the switch should be on 8 ohm....and 4 ohm if I use both cabs? Thanks in advance.
Sell your MG for a start.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Thats not my question...I'm buying a new amp, I just can't afford a new cab right now.
To run 2 cabs or to run a cab in stereo, you cut the ohm ratings in half to know what you use.

8 ohm cabs = 4 ohms on your head.

The 3203 is a cool amp for a hybrid. I had one for a bit.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
To run 2 cabs or to run a cab in stereo, you cut the ohm ratings in half to know what you use.

8 ohm cabs = 4 ohms on your head.

The 3203 is a cool amp for a hybrid. I had one for a bit.

Thanks! I thought this was how it works.