I own a guitar with EMG 81/85 and a 5 way selector.

Id like to install a homemade piezo and I would like to use the 2 spare positions I have in the selector.

I was thinking of using one of these to select piezo + one of the EMGs and the other one for the piezo only.

Is this position where the piezo is alone, the EMGs would of course be off so, will I have a POP when switching from and to that position?

Thank you all!
I would think yes, but it shouldn't be too bad.

but I really have no experience with this type of thing.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
BTW, my selector is superswitch: 4 poles and 5 throws for each pole:a total of 24 connections.

Could I use the second circuit some way to avoid the POP?

Its just that Id like to keep extreme positions for EMG 81/85, and every time I switch from one to another I had to pass over this piezo position, with the f*king POP in between.
Well, I wondering now if EMGS would be off although they werent connected to the volume pot in the piezo position.

They have 3 wires, hot, ground and one going to the battery. So, could it be that they were on although they didnt send sound to the output jack?

Maybe that means that there would be no POP ??
Quote by bazuriya
Well, I wondering now if EMGS would be off although they werent connected to the volume pot in the piezo position.

They have 3 wires, hot, ground and one going to the battery. So, could it be that they were on although they didnt send sound to the output jack?

Maybe that means that there would be no POP ??
yes.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.