I recently traded my 5150 combo to a guy for his Carvin V3 head. I did some research on the head before we met and it seemed like just the amp i needed; a jack of all trades, master of none.

Well when i got home and plugged my Hellraiser in, I LOVED the sound of it. With Groove tubes in both power & preamp, this baby roared through my GT-75 loaded 4x12

I had each chanel dialed in for my own specific use, one channel for cleans, one for an all-purpose overdrive/dist., and another for heavy modern metal/hardcore.

i played for about 3 hrs non-stop just loving every second.

well the other night i was playing and the tone didnt sound as good as it first had. i dont understand, i checked my EMG battery, checked my cable (Monster btw), speaker cable, all my settings were the EXACT same as they were the night i first played it (i know because i wrote them all down)

i just dont understand... its very disheartening

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
it might just be subconsciousness that u think it sounds different, , like i had never changed my practice amp settings and i had it perfect then one night it just sounded ****, (people were watching) but the night after that all good again nothing was different
Tube amps sounds different each day. Might be due to the weather.
humidity and other factors can affect wires, heat expands and contracts things, its very possible there's just some more oxygen within your tubes that day than before or whatever, so yeah. just hte weather.
Quote by phasesevenfold
humidity and other factors can affect wires, heat expands and contracts things, its very possible there's just some more oxygen within your tubes that day than before or whatever, so yeah. just hte weather.

oxygen inside tubes is not a good thing at all...
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
hmm, weather could be true i suppose. my stack is right next to my window and it is around 45-50 degrees outside. although i let my head warm up for about 10 mins before i play. but yeah, i guess the cold could be a factor.

or, the biggest it could be is that maybe it doesnt sound as good at louder volumes.

i may have the EQ just right for my moderate sounding bedroom use.

my mom was gone for a little bit last night so i wanted to crank my amp to about 1.5/ 1.8 and it sounded like ****!

although im PRETTY sure the amp was 1.5 the first night i played it, idk...

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
hmm, weather could be true i suppose. my stack is right next to my window and it is around 45-50 degrees outside. although i let my head warm up for about 10 mins before i play. but yeah, i guess the cold could be a factor.

or, the biggest it could be is that maybe it doesnt sound as good at louder volumes.

i may have the EQ just right for my moderate sounding bedroom use.

my mom was gone for a little bit last night so i wanted to crank my amp to about 1.5/ 1.8 and it sounded like ****!

although im PRETTY sure the amp was 1.5 the first night i played it, idk...

tube amps dont really kick in till about 3, thats when it sounds best
Your tubes could be dying, temperature changes messing with your instrument, your wall voltage was slightly higher yesterday, etc etc.
To some extent, you can eliminate those things by checking your tubes, setting the action when the weather changes, and using a voltage regulator/power conditioner, but otherwise you've just got to recognize that some days your tone just isn't 100%.
i know, and im looking forward to hitting around 3 at my band practice tomorrow my first one since i traded amps.

these are my EQ settings if it helps (i left out the clean channel because that still sounds well,...clean to me)

master volume- 1.5
bright-6
mid cut-7
bass-6
boost-6

all-purpose dist. channel
treble-6.5/7
mid-5
bass-4.5
presence-7
drive: 2-5 (it varies depending on which band im covering)
volume-4.5

metal/hardcore channel-
treble-6
mid-5
bass-8
presence-8
drive-7.5/8
volume-4.5

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
people don't realise tht humidity and temperature can really make a difference to any sound. just keep tryin it and note when you are gettin the better tones
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
^^

i got it. i guess music electronics are something that arent ALWAYS going to be accurate 24/7

hopefully i will get a good tone at practice tomorrow, its on stage nicely indoors, no windows near, and ill let her heat up for a while

thanks for the info guys!

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
weather def effects it, you just cant be obsessed over the tone when ur practicing because of it...also your ears just adjust...its like overplaying a song, it may sound awesome the first 100 times, then the hooks do nothing for you after that
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by Roc8995
Your tubes could be dying, temperature changes messing with your instrument, your wall voltage was slightly higher yesterday, etc etc.
To some extent, you can eliminate those things by checking your tubes, setting the action when the weather changes, and using a voltage regulator/power conditioner, but otherwise you've just got to recognize that some days your tone just isn't 100%.

^This.