I was young, naive and misguided, and i bought a spider II. I thought it was good in my heyday but now i realise it is actally awful. i mean really bad. I want to be able to play stuff like rush, jimi hendrix, led zeppelin, but the tone just does not cut it. :/

so christmas is coming up, in the region of about 500pounds, can be a little more if needs be, could you all please recommend me an amp to go and try out?
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
could get a very nice valve combo with that money, what genres do you play?

Edit, looking at those bands id agree with bugera
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Last edited by xander307 at Dec 2, 2008,
Check out a Bugera amp if you're just looking for a decent tube amp upgrade. Try a 333XL combo.
Orange Tiny Terror head + cab.
Excellent choice.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why? The Rocker 30 sounds better, and has more clean headroom.

Its cheaper, which is the main point of a budget.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
ceriatone.com DONT get a bugera for more classic rock stuff. believe me. Been down that road. Plus the bugeras really only sound good when cranked( like most tube amps) but honestly the bugeras are really prone to h´sounding thin and hissy even at mid - 3/4 of volume. Cranked theyre quite allright, but seriously loud.

If youre not up for ceriatones marshall clones , the TT would definately be worth a look. great amp with a 212 cab or so. But really the best tone for your buck is from ceriatone IMO
check out the 18watt combo. Youll be smiling everytime you plug into it
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
G3t t3h Marshall MG!!!1!!1! It r t3h br00talz, with the CRUSHING overdrive!!!

>_>

<_<

Quote by forsaknazrael
Stretch your budget a bit for an Orange Rocker 30, or look for a used one.
It does that cranked Marshall tone like you wouldn't believe.

^ Actually, this sounds better.
Maybe check out the B52 At-100. Very decent cleans, nice classic rock crunch on gain 1, and over the top gain on channel 2. Also falls within your price range.
Quote by mindstealer
Maybe check out the B52 At-100. Very decent cleans, nice classic rock crunch on gain 1, and over the top gain on channel 2. Also falls within your price range.

WHY but why would you recommend him a 100 watt amp

ts. where you gonna play it? unless in a stadium or huge halls DONT get a 100watt amp. it will not make your life easier, nor your tone that much better, as you never get to crank it. . . .
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
The b52 actually does allright at bedroom levels and can be cranked if he starts gigging. It makes more sense if he is having trouble now to convince his parents, at a later date when he needs something more to gig with do you think it is going to be any easier.
I think the orange or ceriatone would be better for what he plays than the b-52. Realistically a good clean channel and overdrive are what he needs, not heaping gobs of modern voiced gain.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.