searched this, there was an ancient thread on it so thought i'd ask again.

I'm heading to hong kong from sydney, this summer. Are there any cool guitar stores I should check out? Also does anyone know how the prices of guitars there compare to Australian prices?

Also if there are any places in hong kong other than guitar stores you recommend me seeing, let me know.

Thanks!
yes.
prices are generally CHEAP, even compared to some american prices (i'm from hongkong). i got a decent Ibanez soundgear bass there (just to mess around, im a guitarist) for the equivalant of just under 300 US dollars.

stores to visit are the tom lee music stores, and maybe parsons.
tom lee has a wider range of guitars, from fender to gibsons, to ESP's. the guitars also range from low end to high end custom guitars. the amps are decent too.

and if ur into parker guitars or washburn high end ones, have a look in parson's music store.

Also make sure the airline you're leaving on will let you carry on a guitar, cuz on my flight, they didnt let me bring the bass on the plane at first, even tho i'd called earlier to confirm, but after alot of arguing and convincing i was finally allowed to carry it onboard.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by musicfreak003
yes.
Also make sure the airline you're leaving on will let you carry on a guitar, cuz on my flight, they didnt let me bring the bass on the plane at first, even tho i'd called earlier to confirm, but after alot of arguing and convincing i was finally allowed to carry it onboard.

Depends on the airline. If it's an airline that flies anywhere in the U.S., then they will allow you to carry it on board I would assume, as it is against TSA regulations not too. Of course, there is the possibility that the airline ditches that when not in the U.S.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
i am flying with virgin atlantic and on their website they had a one musical instrument quota so it looks okay. thanks for the info btw.