Page 1 of 2
Folks, throw your ****ing Mesas and Marshalls out the window, Diezel amps, the Einstein in particular, blow them all away.

Anyway, why aren't Diezel amps discussed more in this forum (I searched...)? Or am i the only one (one of the few) who thinks they're among the best sounding amps out there?
their distributors don't do their job properly, you can't find them anywhere.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I've never had the privilage of actually playing one but from sound clips and such I think they sound awesome. Aside from a Splawn Quick Rod I'd probably take a Diezal over pretty much anything.....
Diezel and ENGL imo make the best hi gain modern metal amps out there imo.

The Diezel Herbert and ENGL SE 6L6 are the holy grail of amps for modern metal i think

I also can NOT stand mesas
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Diezels sound great, but they look complicated. As do wizards. I have a friend who uses 2 stacks for his show, One Diezel, and One Wizard, and they both have like 20 eq knobs, ****ing insane. But, they do rip.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate
Diezels sound great, but they look complicated. As do wizards. I have a friend who uses 2 stacks for his show, One Diezel, and One Wizard, and they both have like 20 eq knobs, ****ing insane. But, they do rip.

Is it a Diezel VH4?

I know some people who buy that amp just for the looks >_> <_<

but it sounds so good it wouldn't matter lol
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by Mad Marius
Folks, throw your ****ing Mesas and Marshalls out the window, Diezel amps, the Einstein in particular, blow them all away.

Anyway, why aren't Diezel amps discussed more in this forum (I searched...)? Or am i the only one (one of the few) who thinks they're among the best sounding amps out there?

Because most people don't have 2-4 grand to spend on an amp.

Although I am getting a VH4 in January.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
The Diezel VH4 got three channels, so that explains why there are so many knobs
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
They're expensive.
And hard to find.

But almost everyone here would love to get one, I'm sure.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Sumlover41

Isn't it 4?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by Sumlover41

No it's got 4, hence the VH4
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Chrisiphone

If I had the money
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i've only tried the vh4, it's badass. the problem is the price, i think. any time someone has an unlimited budget (not often), i bring them up. but there are loads of options if you have an unlimited budget...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Mad Marius

If you wanna talk diezel go to Harmony Central, everyone and their mother owns a diezel over there.

I plan on getting a Herbert or VH4 this school year, get a summer job and build up my money a bit.

Also, about the knobs deal. I believe the roadking has the most knobs and switches. I counted 43 one night.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Here we go.... UG coming to the ****ing fail talking about high end boutique amps. If you want to talk boutique and high end ****, I just go to huge racks..... check out THAT forum OP...much better imho.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Horlicks
ENGL>Diezel.

When you get that high end it's a matter of preference. For me Diezel>ENGL.

Also, what a completely pointless post.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Horlicks

ENGL>Diezel.

Lol the sig fit perfectly.

IMO the mesa roadster has the most knobs and doo dads on it.
Which is why I like my 52. An OD eq, two gain knobs, and a clean channel eq. Thats it.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by jambi_mantra
When you get that high end it's a matter of preference. For me Diezel>ENGL.

yeah, it's going to be opinion. i'd rather have a diezel than any of the lower engls, but if you put, say, an SE up against a diezel, it's going to be tight... much like any of those high-end amps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd rather run a Mesa Duel Rec, Peavey 6505+ and a Fender BandMaster than one Diezel. Why? Simple. There are too many effin' controls on a Diezel, and I don't believe in paying more than $1,800 or so for a single amp head.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by Mad Marius
Anyway, why aren't Diezel amps discussed more in this forum (I searched...)?

Mostly because the people on this forum are kids with lower budgets.

And I agree, the Einstein is awesome

AND... I dunno what you people are talking about with all the knobs, for high-end amps, Diezels are extremely simple to use imo.

Quote by ConfederateAxe
I'd rather run a Mesa Duel Rec, Peavey 6505+ and a Fender BandMaster than one Diezel. Why? Simple. There are too many effin' controls on a Diezel, and I don't believe in paying more than $1,800 or so for a single amp head.

You can't be serious...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by ConfederateAxe

Too many controls?

The VH4 has four channels, with the same controls any other amp has for their channels. The only reason there's more nobs is because there's more channels.

With a VH4 you could EQ each channel to sound like one of those amps and you'd be fine. You'd only have 1 amp to lag around, and it'd be a hella lot cheaper than buying those 3 and cabs.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
^ yeah. having 3 amps, if you had 3 very specific tones you were after, might be a better idea, but it's going to be an absolute nightmare to carry around. plus the diezel high gain tones kick ass, you aren't going to get a high gainer for much less which sounds any better (or even as good), which doesn't leave you much to spend on those other two amps.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jambi_mantra
Because most people don't have 2-4 grand to spend on an amp.
Although I am getting a VH4 in January.

If you're willing to buy second hand, you can save a fair amount of money. I picked up a used Einstein combo last week. Saved over a grand and the amp is in mint condition.
Quote by ConfederateAxe

You obviously have no experience with a stereo rig. If you did you would know how much harder it is to equalize volumes, boost specific qualities of each amp, and blend them in a way to enhance your tone.

This is a quote from Erock from a convo we had on AIM one night "the herbert is an amp that never sounds thin or like something is missing" " after running other amps in stereo and going back to a single amp I'm always missing something, however the herbert always sounds full"

When I get a diezel though, I will be running it stereo with my Quickrod.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by BorfJr
If you're willing to buy second hand, you can save a fair amount of money. I picked up a used Einstein combo last week. Saved over a grand and the amp is in mint condition.

True. But still, the ratio of "I've got 1500 to spend" to "I've got 300 to spend" is like 1:10.

Most people on this forum don't have the money for a Diezel, or any amp that high end, used or not.

Quote by MESAexplorer
You obviously have no experience with a stereo rig. If you did you would know how much harder it is to equalize volumes, boost specific qualities of each amp, and blend them in a way to enhance your tone.

This is a quote from Erock from a convo we had on AIM one night "the herbert is an amp that never sounds thin or like something is missing" " after running other amps in stereo and going back to a single amp I'm always missing something, however the herbert always sounds full"

When I get a diezel though, I will be running it stereo with my Quickrod.

I'm gunna try running mine with my 5150 just to see how it goes. Probably keep em seperate in the end though unless it works really well.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by colin617
I hate their voicing.

Eh, I gather from your sig that you're into vintage tones, aren't you? So I don't expect a modern all-rounder with a focus on metal to be made for you.

Not to flame you, but that was a completely redundant post.

I'd love a VH4 for the cleans, surprisingly. I think it's killer for funk.
^+1 Excellent clean tones. They're compared with Hiwatt as far as the cleans go. Hiwatt builds some super high end clean amps too.

Quote by jambi_mantra
I'm gunna try running mine with my 5150 just to see how it goes. Probably keep em seperate in the end though unless it works really well.

Might be redundant. The 5150 has a similar gain structure to Diezel (dry and saturated). Then again Adam runs 2 VH4's.

Erock could probably make a clip of his 5150 and Herbert for you. It's probably going to be more fun to try out in person though.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
^+1 Excellent clean tones. They're compared with Hiwatt as far as the cleans go. Hiwatt builds some super high end clean amps too.

Might be redundant. The 5150 has a similar gain structure to Diezel (dry and saturated). Then again Adam runs 2 VH4's.

Erock could probably make a clip of his 5150 and Herbert for you. It's probably going to be more fun to try out in person though.

Yea, I might well ask him actually. I'm not expecting great things but I figured I'd atleast try it.

I love each amp individually, so it's not that big a deal for me to have them seperate. A/Bing could work if I never actually used them together, means I could switch from 5150 gain to VH4 cleans. I dunno, I just want the damn thing.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by TheQuailman
Eh, I gather from your sig that you're into vintage tones, aren't you? So I don't expect a modern all-rounder with a focus on metal to be made for you.

Not to flame you, but that was a completely redundant post.

I'd love a VH4 for the cleans, surprisingly. I think it's killer for funk.

How was that redundant? The OP asked what people thought of Diezels and I gave him my opinion; I don't think they're the best amps out there.
Quote by jambi_mantra
Yea, I might well ask him actually. I'm not expecting great things but I figured I'd atleast try it.

I love each amp individually, so it's not that big a deal for me to have them seperate. A/Bing could work if I never actually used them together, means I could switch from 5150 gain to VH4 cleans. I dunno, I just want the damn thing.

Haha, I've been wanting one for 2-3 years. I've been BSing around with amps that sound similar and blending them to get close but I might as well get the real deal.

I figure the splawn should do the marshall superbass justice. If not I'll probably sell it for a splawn superstock which is the plexi on roids.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by colin617
How was that redundant? The OP asked what people thought of Diezels and I gave him my opinion; I don't think they're the best amps out there.

You could have been a bit more specific. Just saying 'I hate their voicing' doesn't tell me much. If you said 'I don't like their voicing because it is too [insert description here]', that would have been a more interesting read.
Quote by colin617
I don't think they're the best amps out there.

i agree.

i suppose i'd like it if i were playing metalcore though.

btw colin, nice avatar. i ****ing love brand new.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by Mad Marius

If you're starting to like high-end high-gain amps, check out a Soldano or an Uberschall, too. Even the 5150 III will give the Diezels a run for their money! Then you'll be spinning trying to make up your mind which one to buy .

jambi-congrats on the future VH4!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by MESAexplorer
Haha, I've been wanting one for 2-3 years. I've been BSing around with amps that sound similar and blending them to get close but I might as well get the real deal.

I figure the splawn should do the marshall superbass justice. If not I'll probably sell it for a splawn superstock which is the plexi on roids.

Going for the Tool style set up I presume? Sounds like a pretty awesome rig though.

Same kind of position, I've wanted one for a good few years, I always play a VH4 with a Blackmachine guitar at the London Guitar show and it's just such an awesome amp, but I'd never have enough money for it, but my 18th is coming up, so I've been saving like all year, plus money I should get from family and stuff.

^cheers

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Page 1 of 2