Page 1 of 6
So I came up with this idea a few seconds ago, I've noticed a lot of small things that normal people wouldn't notice since I'm a guitarist/know music..

I'm not trying to be Jeff Foxworthy

Like the other day, I was watching teh pr0nz and for some reason all I could think was, "Man, they must have had a small budget for music, this guitarist barely plays chords, and it sounds like he's playing through a fckn Spyder II!!!!"

anyone else notice this weird stuff?
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

All I gotta do is put on a cool face...
I often think to myself "I need to tune my iPod" instead of 'charge'
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Whenever im channel surfing and a girl band or something crap comes on and theyre playing guitar. I always watch and its easy not to be fooled by them having their hand over all the strings and strumming up and down. Then i bitch about it and point it out. Bitch play for real.
Me and my buddy always play Gears of War... well we play the second one now and we always laugh when we beat a wave of enemies, because you hear that real lame guitar riff..... pppwoowwwwwwwwwwww......

makes me laugh

Also like he^ said......

I notice people on tv... who are not actually playing....
or when people play **** to impress others.... that really isn't difficult that may sound difficult, such as.... Paranoid by Black Sabbath.... Pretty easy to play, and it sounds somewhat impressive.... but is very easy.
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Last edited by Slovak_Ghost at Dec 2, 2008,
When you drool on your guitar when you concentrate and are playing really hard? Anyone else do that?!
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Marijuana makes everything better. Everything.

Quote by TooFast
Yeah. Nazi's FTW.
^I've never drooled on my guitar, but I've dropped lots of sweat on it.^

on the topic of pron, I was watching a trailer for this one, and I mainly focused on the song. I thought "Damn, I wish I knew what this song was. It's pretty damn good."
signatures are budget.
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
Me and my buddy always play Gears of War... well we play the second one now and we always laugh when we beat a wave of enemies, because you hear that real lame guitar riff..... pppwoowwwwwwwwwwww......

makes me laugh

Also like he^ said......

I notice people on tv... who are not actually playing....
or when people play **** to impress others.... that really isn't difficult that may sound difficult, such as.... Paranoid by Black Sabbath.... Pretty easy to play, and it sounds somewhat impressive.... but is very easy.

I noticed that too
Quote by StratoTele
The punji sticks only work if you use your own feces. Most brand names aren't reliable.

i keep trying to recognise a guitar people are playing on tv and stuff. i'll say stuff like "that's a strat" or "that's a les paul".
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
i keep trying to recognise a guitar people are playing on tv and stuff. i'll say stuff like "that's a strat" or "that's a les paul".

same here.
When your group of friends knows all about pedals, pickups, amplifiers when they don't even play guitar, just because all you do is talk to them about it.
hahaha or the fact that UG is the homepage on my computer.... or the fact that I'm currently skipping class to hanging out it the forums.... or that this is the only site I ever go to?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by pawnshopguitars
I can't listen to bands like Paramore because their guitar playing annoys the hell out of me.

I hate bands like that, I couldn't get 1 minute into a green day song before I just go like, "How the fck did this moron get famous?"
Quote by StratoTele

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
hahaha or the fact that UG is the homepage on my computer.... or that this is the only site I ever go to?

Haha +1
Quote by Punk-Rockin
When you drool on your guitar when you concentrate and are playing really hard? Anyone else do that?!

Oh god yeh, is messy
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by Liam.
I often think to myself "I need to tune my iPod" instead of 'charge'

I do that too. With my phone.
I also noticed that a guitarist is the only person you can really have an effective pron talk with... like everyone else get all weird so basically they're like

You: you ever been to [pron site]? its the best evar
them:uhh... how 'bout them dolphins?

You know? There is the occasional exception, but really, its like 2 out of 5 people.
Quote by StratoTele

Quote by pawnshopguitars
I can't listen to bands like Paramore because their guitar playing annoys the hell out of me.

Instead of "guitar playing", don't you mean "living"?
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Last edited by VanCamp at Dec 2, 2008,
what im experiencing is talking to my girlfriend
and then when she starts talking a end up thinking about the fingerings of chords and how to change them around and similar

grimace
luckily she hasnt noticed yet
Hey Guy
How about the countless times my girlfriend has come home after work, wakes me up, and b!tches cause I fell asleep with the guitar in bed next to me.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Quote by EMGs_rule
Quote by jgbsmith
why would you want to put the bitrate down?
to make it smaller without hearing any change in quality that the human ear can detect?
Does not compute for the audiophile

Follow me on Twitter...or else!
the one thing that i do is whenever i hear a piece of music, no matter what it is, i always try to work out the notes or chords in my head
When you think you're cool because you play an instrument and that your opinion is more valid than those who don't play.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
well sometimes me and a friend start to talk about guitars, pickups, riffs and picking styles,etc. And my other friends that are around just ask us "Dudes, are you speaking english?".
Or when a a tv show starts and i try to figure out in what key is the theme being played.
or trying to memorize chords of the songs on the videoclips.
I also laugh when i see some of the younger kids doing some basic tapping stuff and all of the other little guys just stand there staring at him and admiring him for doing so basic stuff.
Oh and when i hear a song i rarely memorize the lyrics, I find it much more easier to memorize the riff progression. (thats why i still cant sing master of puppets, just the MASTER MASTER part., and I listen to metallica since i was 9).
i guess it is a diferent point of view from all other people, but i guess this happens with all musicians.
Quote by reddeath959
I hate bands like that, I couldn't get 1 minute into a green day song before I just go like, "How the fck did this moron get famous?"

well he must be doing something right to be famous (:
Quote by reddeath959

Its Punk Rock if you havn't noticed, it doesn't involve a great deal of guitar skills.
They have great stage presence and can write pretty good songs.

How about you sell millions of albums and we'll all find a reason to talk **** about you!
haha speaking of pr0n my flatmate showed me this one called ''One for the Gusher'' [LOL!] and it has the cheesiest blues backing ever ! that's all I noticed when he showed me that short and quite horrific 10 seconds
When you have secretive conversations in the back of class about your opinions on the Digitech Whammy Pedal. Or when you air guitar in class on every available surface and the teacher looks at you funny. Or when you consider not eating lunch for a few weeks to buy a new guitar.

Just a few of mine.
You're a guitarist when you play the guitar.

olol.

Fuck... umm... You're a guitarist when... **** it's all been said... I dunno... I constantly bitch about how I'll lose a special pick in my basement and find it glued to the ceiling or something ridiculous.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Rock'n'Roller
the one thing that i do is whenever i hear a piece of music, no matter what it is, i always try to work out the notes or chords in my head

ive started to do that recently, its a rather good way to waste your time ;D
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by aaciseric
Or when you consider not eating lunch for a few weeks to buy a new guitar.

How much money do you get for lunch? Duuuude.
When I base my opinion of people based on their knowledge/ignorance of guitar (only applicable to those who claim they play).

For example, this person would rank extremely low due to ignorance.

Quote by Adam124
Its Punk Rock if you havn't noticed, it doesn't involve a great deal of guitar skills.
They have great stage presence and can write pretty good songs.

How about you sell millions of albums and we'll all find a reason to talk **** about you!

1. Its POP Punk, not like thats any better than Punk.
2. Stage Presense=/=Guitar Skill
3. We talk **** on their success due to how a 5th grader could write that.

^ I'm definitely a guitarist.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
i'll listen to song and forget about the other instruments and only hear the guitar waiting for a mistake but none ever comes.....i'm serious....i waited for a mess-up from slash on sweet child o' mine....though that's impossible
Quote by reddeath959

Some people like the simple driving powerchords and the catchy melodies. A lot of people do - look at mainstream. But it's not like you're the only one that doesn't like it, so get off your damned pedestal.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

+1 Maus24

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

pm C.C. Deville to join
Or when people think you have OCD or Alzheimer's because your standard stance is you with an air guitar, riffing away to something.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
When I base my opinion of people based on their knowledge/ignorance of guitar (only applicable to those who claim they play).

For example, this person would rank extremely low due to ignorance.

1. Its POP Punk, not like thats any better than Punk.
2. Stage Presense=/=Guitar Skill
3. We talk **** on their success due to how a 5th grader could write that.

^ I'm definitely a guitarist.

And you're a Dragonforce fan ololol.

EDIT: Oh yeah my point: quit bitching. You also need to get off your pedestal. He never said stage presence = guitar skill. He actually said something like "Sure, it doesn't take a lot of guitar skill"

Also, just because it's easy doesn't mean anything. A fifth grader being able to write something is important in some cases. I'm by no means great a guitar, but I'm working at it, and the easy **** like Green Day gave me a place to start. Basing skill on age is also ignorant, because we don't say "Man I wish I was in 9th grade so I could play some tougher stuff."
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

+1 Maus24

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

pm C.C. Deville to join
Last edited by Maus24 at Dec 2, 2008,
When throngs of chicks throw themselves at you because you play guitar then dump you because "You love that guitar more than Me" and you say "yeah, so?"
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
I always have guitar solos going thru my head. just continous improvised stuff without consciously thinking about it. like i could be sitting in an exam and I just have an endless solo going thru my head