I want to replace the humbuckers in my Ibanez ART100. I play rock and metal, lead and rhythm. Need something that will still get good clean tones. Prefer passive.
Here I go again, think outside the box, check into Lace sensors, I'm really impressed with my red/silver humbucker in my Strat. Check out my review here on UG. Reading all the reviews about all the pups will make you a wiser consumer.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience
seymour duncan JB-4 and SH-59.
the 59 is a great clean, and the JB-4 is a little hotter.
See above post ^
Quote by eyebanez333
How would these wire up in my guitar? This model has a 3-way toggle...

You can install a five way switch without any issues. You could also get a push/pull pot to split the coils. You can go to any pup manufacturer's website and check out the wiring diagrams to get some unique ideas. That's what I did.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Do you think these will fit my style of music? I was looking at their website and they don't have any sound clips and neither does youtube. I play on a couple different amps but my main amp is a Peavey Windsor.
Quote by eyebanez333
Do you think these will fit my style of music? I was looking at their website and they don't have any sound clips and neither does youtube. I play on a couple different amps but my main amp is a Peavey Windsor.

I Play a wide variety of styles myself, everything from punk to thrash to hard rock to that "pretty shyte" that the wife likes to hear, and that lace does the best job of all around versatility of any pup I've owned, and I've owned a lot. You may be looking for something different sounding than what the lace offers, but if that's the case you'd already have your mind made up. For instance, if you want it to sound like a duncan, get the Duncan, but if you want something that can do what a Duncan does, but with more versatility, you've got a bigger selection and can customize your tone to suit your artistic requirements. I'll see if I can't locate some soundbytes from a lace. Hell, everyone from Clapton to Gilmore has used them, pretty elite company.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus
Duncan Custom or Custom 5 in the bridge, 59 in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by damskippy
I Play a wide variety of styles myself, everything from punk to thrash to hard rock to that "pretty shyte" that the wife likes to hear, and that lace does the best job of all around versatility of any pup I've owned, and I've owned a lot. You may be looking for something different sounding than what the lace offers, but if that's the case you'd already have your mind made up. For instance, if you want it to sound like a duncan, get the Duncan, but if you want something that can do what a Duncan does, but with more versatility, you've got a bigger selection and can customize your tone to suit your artistic requirements. I'll see if I can't locate some soundbytes from a lace. Hell, everyone from Clapton to Gilmore has used them, pretty elite company.

I definitely don't have my mind made up, I've just never heard of this company before so they weren't on the list of pickups that I have looked at. I had been looking at Duncans and Dimarzio D-Activators prior to asking for advice here. I do want something versatile because I play a pretty wide variety of music and I don't want to make this into a strictly metal guitar.
Quote by damskippy
You can install a five way switch without any issues. You could also get a push/pull pot to split the coils. You can go to any pup manufacturer's website and check out the wiring diagrams to get some unique ideas. That's what I did.
big issues, imho.

the ART has a LP style toggle, not a 3-way blade like a Tele.
replacing that with a 5-way blade will be no easy task.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=ART100
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
big issues, imho.

the ART has a LP style toggle, not a 3-way blade like a Tele.
replacing that with a 5-way blade will be no easy task.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=ART100
Not a problem, the rotary switch on my friends Gretsch works great. It slotted perfectly into the old toggle hole. I don't think it would be a problem. Soldering is kind of a bitch though.
Scarred for life!

Rig:
Gibson LPC
Jackson DK10D
Fender HM Strat
Custom built Tele-type
Alvarez 5040 Koa
Epiphone 12 string
Blue Voodoo 50
Dunlop 213 slide
Fender M-80 chorus