Right. So atm i've been running my Korg AX3000G as my entire FX rig. But i have various distortion pedals lying around (mostly boss) and have tried experimenting but never really got amazing results. either the sounds been good but when i crank it up (cos its quiet) it gets nasty

Anyone else use multiple dstortion/overdrive pedals to get a fat sound? im talking along the lines of bands like Eternal Lord, IKTPQ, Bleeding Through, KSE. Generally a really nasty melodic deathcore

Also am i correct in believeing that putting say my MT-2 through the insert on my AX3000G and mixing both distortions would bring rather nasty results. analog an digital togethers BAD right?
The one legged chickens from outer space made me do it!
Last edited by Maggot4eva at Dec 2, 2008,
bands like that get most if not all of their distortion from the amp...
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Bad idea
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Bad idea

ya i hadn't even heard of that till now lol
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
buts still a possibility. All im looking for is serious distortion. nothing i've ever heard in a shop or in my rig has ever really hit them buttons. Like i mean i STILL havnt found that sound. Got close wit the Korg but the tone itself is just slightly lacking. im running it through a Kustom Contender and the tube preamp helps, but i want this thing to sing
Quote by Maggot4eva
buts still a possibility. All im looking for is serious distortion. nothing i've ever heard in a shop or in my rig has ever really hit them buttons. Like i mean i STILL havnt found that sound. Got close wit the Korg but the tone itself is just slightly lacking. im running it through a Kustom Contender and the tube preamp helps, but i want this thing to sing

Then you need a better amp.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Chaining distortion pedals won't get you anything but terrible tone. To get their sound you need a.) a great amp and b.) a recording studio
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Two distortion pedals 9 out of 10 will not mix well at all. Two ods will work if one is a clean boost and the other od or clean and clean.

But you cant mix distortions, plan and simple...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Two distortion pedals 9 out of 10 will not mix well at all. Two ods will work if one is a clean boost and the other od or clean and clean.

But you cant mix distortions, plan and simple...

not even one at mid gain and one kinda like a boost?
Quote by Maggot4eva
not even one at mid gain and one kinda like a boost?

If one is at gain 0 and the other at gain 5 yes. But gain 5 and gain 3 more then likely will sound horrible.
Try adding other things to the mix.

Dist - Sonic Maximizer - Distortion - Compressor - Tube Screamer

Otherwise it will just sound like ****
Yeah I've tried doing that with mine before and no matter what the tone ends up sounding absolutely horrible.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Tube screamers are overdrive pedals, though - they produce softer clipping versus a distortion pedal's much harder clipping. SRV used two in a row as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Don't know about chaining pedals, but for the AX you can try to change the amp select. Instead of using the amp1, amp2, or amp3, use the line select. I do this sometimes with mine and it sounds good (for a 50w ****ty solidstate amp) I dont know if this could damage anything, but its worth trying.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
i've gotten some really heavey distortion by using an OD as a clean boost in front of my distortion pedal, same effect as cranking the gain on the dist pedal.