In the UK, that is. Ive been qouted £40 which seems exessive. Also anyone know where i can get it set up properly, in bath?
£30-£40 sounds normal to me.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
That's about 60 dollars in the US. If the guy is pretty good than thats a good price. I charge about 50 bucks depending on the extent of the work.....and I'm good
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Quote by EMGs_rule
Quote by jgbsmith
why would you want to put the bitrate down?
to make it smaller without hearing any change in quality that the human ear can detect?
Does not compute for the audiophile

Follow me on Twitter...or else!
Quote by demon.guitarist
duckson and pinker near the bridge?

They no longer do it, as the tech left.
Yeah i thought that was a lot when i went to get my first set up, but thats the right price.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
£40 is about right
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I just got 3 of mine setup and replacement knobs for my Sheraton; £85. Sounds about right to me.
If you can, see if you can stick around while the tech works on the guitar. Ask lots of questions on the verge of pestering, and learn what you can.

Then most every other setup in the future is free if you can learn to do it yourself.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
When I first had my guitar setup it was about $60 for a full setup, innotation, action, truss rod, trem, etc. and the guy even cleaned it for me and lemon oiled my frets which I appreciated.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
My shop does it for $30. They do a really good job, might cost more with a floyd though.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
yeah, £40 is probably ok if the dude is any good. i got charged £25 about 4 or 5 years ago, and stuff like that is generally cheaper in northern ireland (makes a change, we normally get charged more than the rest of the UK).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?