Say you ordered a hand built strat copy with a flamy maple neck, rosewood fretboard, Gotoh tuners, actual strat pick guard with Rio Grande pickups, but without a trem bridge... what would be pretty reasonable for such a thing?
50 bucks. give or take 2 grand.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
what kind of body wood ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Can anybody else guesstimate on this?

Reason I'm asking is that there is a strat that I like but it's not a fender, it's a brand new custom built one from a shop that a friend of mine owns. It's got a flamy maple neck, seafoam green paint with metallic flake, it's a thinner hollowbody, no whammy, Gotoh tuners, Rio Grande pickups, white pick guard, rosewood fretboard, abalone fretmarkers... I can get it for $950.

Is this reasonable, a killer deal, or too expensive since it's a strat but not a fender?
Depends. I'd not pay more than 3500€ for such a guitar. Depends on the person/company that builds it though. You could probably get such a guitar for under 2500 if you get it from one of the bigger custom shops like Ran guitars or something.

EDIT: Whether it says Fender on the headstock or not doesn't make a difference.
^ yeah, $950 sounds like a very good price, assuming it's good quality, and assuming they haven't just put it together from imported parts (by parts i mean the neck and body, not the hardware).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?