Ok so I wanted to get a screw that was stripped removed from my trem claw on my edge 3 now I was wondering what is the proper way to reinstall the trem? I have 4 springs for it and it was working well with that setup but I dont know how to get it back the way it was. Any help is defintley appreciated!

Jordan
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I dunno how much this is gonna help but:

Start by putting all the parts (including the bridge itself) in somewhat correct positions.
Now, set the springs in both the tremolo block and the claw.(Its a good idea having your strings attached already, but with low tension, so you can work freely.) Screw the claw a bit into the "wall". Now, tighten the strings (not the springs! Im having a hard time imagining how you could tighten a spring tough.) You should tune them to about D standard, so that theyre still not all the way up.(Unless you play in D standard normally)
Tighten the claw springs so that the tremolo unit is tilting a little bit towards the inside of the body.( If you play in D standard, make it level) Now, tune up to the desired tuning, tighten/loosen the claw so that the tremolo unit is level. That should do the trick.

This is about as good it gets without pics. Good luck!

EDIT: I noticed you have an Edge trem. I dont have one, but the procedure should be the same.
Last edited by Drakathan at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by Drakathan
I dunno how much this is gonna help but:

Start by putting all the parts (including the bridge itself) in somewhat correct positions.
Now, set the springs in both the tremolo block and the claw.(Its a good idea having your strings attached already, but with low tension, so you can work freely.) Screw the claw a bit into the "wall". Now, tighten the strings (not the springs! Im having a hard time imagining how you could tighten a spring tough.) You should tune them to about D standard, so that theyre still not all the way up.(Unless you play in D standard normally)
Tighten the claw springs so that the tremolo unit is tilting a little bit towards the inside of the body.( If you play in D standard, make it level) Now, tune up to the desired tuning, tighten/loosen the claw so that the tremolo unit is level. That should do the trick.

This is about as good it gets without pics. Good luck!

EDIT: I noticed you have an Edge trem. I dont have one, but the procedure should be the same.

Thank you very much its my fault cause im an idiot and didnt change the strings one at a time
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
No worries mate! You can PM if you get any troubles after the installation.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Drakathan
No worries mate! You can PM if you get any troubles after the installation.

Alright Ive got it lowered all the way and strings are on and tight, its sitting pretty well so far but I havent tuned yet
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112