Right, I have one of those really crap Qwiktune tuners, the one's that are barely battery powered, and whenever I try and tune my guitar the needle skips all over the place.

I was wondering if there are any better ways of tuning my guitar effectively, without buying a new tuner (I'm getting one at Christmas)

Cheers.
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Mexican Fender Strat w/ Hot Rails pickup in bridge
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss DS-1
You can do a relative tuning.
Find a guitar or something that's an e and tune to that, then tune the rest of your strings based on that one.
Find an online tuner and tune to that
Both ways can be kind of sketchy though
online guitar tuner/ by ear
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
make sure to mute the other strings while tuning with this ****ty tuner, this might help a little - I think the needle will be more 'still'.

There are also various sites which allow you to play a certain string sound - it may be helpful, guitar pro has this feature, too.
i have a qwiktuner i like it with all the chord things and stuff but mine hasnt done taht needle thing
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
I have a quicktune and I find it works better if i have both pickups on my LP selected. Once i figured that out i have had no problems.
My quik tune is pretty much worthless as a tuner. When it works anything tuned with it is out of tune. A decent chromatic tuner isnt that much.
well first of all why would you have to need one if your getting one for christmas......wow
METAL~~METERA~~METAL
Quote by Metera31495
well first of all why would you have to need one if your getting one for christmas......wow

Because I need some way of keeping my guitar in tune for the few weeks before Christmas for band practise.
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Mexican Fender Strat w/ Hot Rails pickup in bridge
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss DS-1