First of all, I've adjusted many truss rods on many guitars but my new Epi Les Paul's truss rod seems a bit different. I'm trying to add relief to the neck but, turning left feels like its tightening the rod. The more I turn to the left, the tighter it becomes (yes I am turning slightly and slowly). Turning right feels like its getting looser. This is opposite of how my Jackson's rod feels.

I'm getting the desired effect, somewhat, but I may need a bit more relief. I'm afraid to keep turning left because its getting tighter and tighter.

Is this normal for Epi's and Les Pauls?

Thanks.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
For the record, yes, turning left does add reliefe (forward bow). Its just strange to me that the tension of the rod tightens as I turn left which, logically, seems opposite.
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Epiphone Embassy
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
check the relief.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I did check relief, but the problem is that it needs a bit more. Just slightly. But if I turn LEFT it gets TIGHTER and harder to turn. I've never seen a truss rod get tighter as I turn left.
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Epiphone Embassy
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
ask gibson.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.