Page 1 of 5
FINISHED PICS PAGE 9

Simple build, yet my first one.

Specs:
Mahogany Body
Bolt on Guatambu Neck with Ebony Fretboard.
Dual Humbucker
Akkord hardware
Lace Pickups

Kisekae Mock Up:

Getting the body wood tomorrow.

My advantages: Wood is cheaper here than in the states. 100GBP is quite a lot of money at least here.

Cheers.
Last edited by divinorum69 at Apr 26, 2010,
this thing should rock the living hell out of some 100GBP builds (namely mine... :sad

Pics!
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
this thing should rock the living hell out of some 100GBP builds (namely mine... :sad

Pics!

Tommorrow Ill post wood blank pics!

im quite excited, its gonna be my first build. Ive been practicing routing all day long on scraps, im dirty and quite tired but im improving
Good! Practice makes perfect!

as well: Templates make EVERYTHING easier. If you can, make a plywood / MDF template before you start, it'll make the routing process much easier.
------

Shwiggity.
I be excited. I'm looking forward to this, and starting mine.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
i'm voting for the non-bridge plate one. Your build is gonna rock mine
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by divinorum69
I like everyones enthusiasm.

I made a template, have to smooth it a bit yet, with some sanding paper. I took the **** wood out of an old school desk.

will do the bridge humbucker once I decided which bridge to use.
Options:

or

OMG that loos like an ipod somehow or am i the only one seeing that (it would be a pretty kickin ipod at that ) good luck dude
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
That was random.

I vote traditional tele bridge. Looks so much better to me.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
nice!
Quote by maiden03
Ahhh damn you vinc3nt!

Downpressor man

Where you gonna run to

All along that day

੧_\\\
Nice! Now that you mention it, the Tele HB bridge does look like a new iPod nano.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
When making templates for any straight parts it is best to use doublestick tape to stick a piece of wood where the line is and use a top mounted bearing bit (the same you would use for routing the cavities in the guitar) that way it's perfect. The neck pockets where you want it the best. If it's covered up by a pickguard , cover or anything it really doesn't have to be perfect at all but if your like me it will bother you.
do you have many leatherbound books? hahaha

looking good my man, moar pics =
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
do you have many leatherbound books? hahaha

looking good my man, moar pics =

WINNER

Anyways, this is going to be a lot of fun to watch!
Quote by ormsby guitars
Lumberjack
how much did you end up getting the wood for?

Also i vote traditional tele bridge but in black with chrome saddles
Nice looking mahogany too!
expensive, 50. But its because its imported. Ill save with the neck since ill use a national wood.

Im gonna take it to a woodshop tomorrow, gonna pay for the planing

(by planing im referring to the thing you do to take wideness of the body. For example im going to take almost 5 mm, so from 52mm I go to 47mm.)
The planer would affect thickness.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
no worries,
thats a pretty good price, its no lumber yard price but its good for internet price (it is from the net right?)
5kg! Wow. that's nice
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by LeviMan_2001
no belt sander or anything? wow impressive. I vote tele style bridge, i like classic style stuff. Whats the story with the neck wood? i've never heard of it.

No belt sander, all done by hand.

Still havnt got the wood. Will be Guatambu, Argentine wood. Similiar to maple, Semi-Hard wood.

Thats a crappy national guitar with that wood, though it does not mean the wood is bad. It is very much used here for lots of things. It a lot cheaper than maple since maple is northern hemisphere wood, and we are in the southern Hemisphere.
Okay got tehs ebony for the neck.

and some hardware I finally went with bridge plate, sorry to disapoint some people it just looked it was gonna be easier to finish
ebony cost me around 12 dollars, its B quality, but I compared it to an AA, or at least what they claim in the shop and it was the same, very little difference in cosmetics and feel but price was higher, 28 dollars. So went with B and im proud of it. Also bought a radius sanding block which cost me a alot (20 dollars) because there impossible to get here, as I said before no EBAY, no StewMac, no warmoth and all those places which simplify a luthiers life in work and money wise

well thats all for today...

Cheers

EDIT: maybe ya cant tell but I sanded and I filed handwise all the left side of the guitar and the horn. Took me about 6-8 hours of hot work, its hot here, we are in summer 25-35 °C depending on clouds and wind
Last edited by divinorum69 at Dec 9, 2008,
wanna trade? we're -15°C right now, I'd kill for a warm day again

Looking good, do you have any rasps or a spokeshave? it might make the finishing process a lot easier for the edges
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
wanna trade? we're -15°C right now, I'd kill for a warm day again

Looking good, do you have any rasps or a spokeshave? it might make the finishing process a lot easier for the edges

None of them. Ill never trade for cold, i prefer sweating hot than freezing cold!

cheers
Page 1 of 5