Page 1 of 2
I gigged with it last week and it sounded okay-ish lol... Luckily I was using a Mesa Boogie amp so it sounded better than if I had used my Fender Frontman 15 G practice amp haha. I think I need a new guitar as I completely out-grown this guitar by like 6 years but has anyone ever gigged with the Squier? anyone got any cool first gig stories? failures and triumphs? would be interesting to hear
Maybe it would be a good idea if you planned to smash it after playing the last song.
Yeah the guitar is priced at around £80 new I think which is like what $100 in dollars. it's the cheapest one and I shred on it lol
Absolutely. It's the guitarist, not the guitar, that makes the music.

A good guitar player can take anything and make it sound like something.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I don't see a problem, Squiers can be pretty good if you invest a couple of minutes and set them up right. The Affinities are sure not the best guitars Squier makes, but they seemed okay to me so far.

And anyway, I think this should go in the electric guitar section.
Dosen't matter if you're using a good amp, amp is wayyyy more important to your tone
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

it'd be so shameful:S
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I don't think it matters what kind of guitar it is. As long as it is in tune, it doesn't matter because it is the guitarist not the guitar that has talent.
It's not the guitar, it's the guitarist and amp that makes it sound good or bad. Skill has a lot to do with it as well but the actual instrument, disregarding the fact it's a bottom of the range squier or top of the line fender has nothing to do with it.

If it cost you £80 and you shred with it, hats off to you =D
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I have tinkered with my Squier Strat HSS as much i could, lowered the action and that stuff, it plays nice but it still has a little less sustain and sometimes more tuning problems. I took off the wammy bar too.

But I would play the **** out of it live, i love my baby.
Quote by TheQuailman
I wouldn't really want to gig with those to be honest.

I wouldn't either, although they do make nice clean tones. At one point, I was able to duplicate the exact same sound as the opening solo in Metallica's "One".
Quote by TheQuailman
I don't see a problem, Squiers can be pretty good if you invest a couple of minutes and set them up right. The Affinities are sure not the best guitars Squier makes, but they seemed okay to me so far.

And anyway, I think this should go in the electric guitar section.
The poorly shielded pickups can be a problem.

*skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesquaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaascrewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*

"Sorry about that! anyone got any eardrums left? Uh, Thanks for coming!"
I have played several shows with a Squire '51. I have had no problems what so ever. I have to agree that it is the amp and player not the guitar. Hell my main guitars are a Dean Vandetta about $100 and a Epi Les paul Jr also about $100. the only problem I have ever had is a wire came lose on the output, not a big though because I always take a spare with me just in case. As far the Squire goes....like I said never had a problem with it and I get good tone and playability out it. I play every Saturday night and rotate guitars out. I just got the Squire a couple of weeks ago used, but have used it at two shows for an hour and a half to two hours at a time and she never quit on me.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
I have a Squier Stagemaster which I paid $325 Canadian for (my first guitar), and I wouldn't gig with that piece of ****
The affinitys are actually very good guitars, IMO. Selling mine was the worst thing I've ever done, ever.
I would, to be honest.
I think when I started, it was the amp which came from the pack that let me down.
The affinity is not the cheapest squire, its probebly the best.

Reason... ALDER WOOD! Same as fender.

The top end squire's use basswood, so while the pickups are alot better, the wood lets it down meaning its much better to customize a affinity instead of a squire standard.

I have one, and its not bad. One day i'll change the pickups and electronics, then it will rival standard fenders. Not the USA onse though I don't think.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I wouldn't just because I never liked those. I'd gig with my epi lp special 2 though, but I've put in around 50 hours making it playable so if you did that to your affinity then maybe, but if not then no.
Sure, granted it was modded (new pickups, electronics, bridge, nut, tuners).
Quote by stratele
The affinity is not the cheapest squire, its probebly the best.

Reason... ALDER WOOD! Same as fender.

The top end squire's use basswood, so while the pickups are alot better, the wood lets it down meaning its much better to customize a affinity instead of a squire standard.

I have one, and its not bad. One day i'll change the pickups and electronics, then it will rival standard fenders. Not the USA onse though I don't think.

Um, I'm pretty sure that the CV series uses alder in the strats. Pine in the teles (good tonewood, don't get me wrong). Squier standards are Agathis (read as pretty bad).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by hippotato7
I have tinkered with my Squier Strat HSS as much i could, lowered the action and that stuff, it plays nice but it still has a little less sustain and sometimes more tuning problems. I took off the wammy bar too.

But I would play the **** out of it live, i love my baby.

Well you've heard about love givin' sight to the blind
My baby's lovin' cause the sun to shine
She's my sweet little thang....
She's my pride and joy
She's my sweet little baby....
I'm her little lover boy

Yeah I love my baby....
Heart and soul
Love like ours won't never grow old
She's my pride and joy
I'm her little lover boy

Yeah I love my lady....
She's long and lean
You mess with her....
You'll see a man get mean
She's my pride and joy
I'm her little lover boy

Well I love my baby....
Like the finest wine
Stick with her until the end of time
She's my pride and joy
I'm her little lover boy

Yeah I love my baby....
Heart and soul
Love like ours won't never grow old
She's my pride and joy
I'm her little lover boy

You asked for it.
No.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I played my first ever gig with Japanese replica strat.
I played most of them with a Squire deluxe fat strat HSS (which I modded the pick ups on)
I recently bought a tele so that's what I play now.

I don't imagine that most of the crowd even notice except the other guitar players.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
My first guitar is an affinity strat, its pretty beaten up now, if i put some new strings on it, got a new tremelo arm, possibly fixed the tuners up then yeah i wouldn't mind doing a gig with it, i still love it (but my main one is my dot).
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Wrong forum dude.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Who gives a ****. If I had nothing else Id use it.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Trefellin
Maybe it would be a good idea if you planned to smash it after playing the last song.

+1

im gunna do that with my old cheapie for a youtube video

if your gig worthy mate you will get a new guitar
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
yeah i gigged in my affinity strat. didnt have a single problem. played a guitar off with my friend who has an ibanez

needless to say... blues ALWAYS wins.
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
probably not, because I've never seen one with humbuckers, and I cannot get my main sound without humbuckers.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I played at the weekend with a Squire Bass.
Fitted with Seymour Duncans and setup properly, it plays and sounds better than my 80's Japanese Fender..

If you can get past the fact its a Squire and just concentrate on what makes it a good guitar/bass then it should be fine. It's not always about the name even though Squire's don't have a particularly glamorous reputation.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Not an affinity, but I giged w/ my fender starcaster from the started pack I first got. (Not the starter pack amp though, that would have be pretty bad...)
I would take some sandpaper and sand the "Squier" logo off. Then I'd write something like "FeNdEr LoL!" on it. People still might think it's a squier, but it'll add humor.
yea since chicks wont be able to tell the difference in quality it isn't important

unless you are more worried about pleasing the fellow guitarists in the crowd rather than the women, then you would be an ultimate hobbyist
Page 1 of 2