oh yes and i do believe its oak wood so my question is what guitar should i make (what style)? i was gonna make an explorer but i dont know if the wood is big enough so i dont know what to make . any opinions welcomed and all will be considered
i will post pics of the wood maybe tommorow because i need to thin it with a plank saw (i think thats the name i cant remember) and i will get specs posted tonight!

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
oak isnt probably the way to go for building a guitar. its heavy and i can imagine it wouldnt sound all to great.
i got it free ( my dad works at a mansion that needs fixing up, he was working in the shed and his mate found this fatass slab of wood and asked my dad if he wanted it and here it is) i might go in the competition but all the pieces i need are in a guitar i was given free so i have(input jack saddle humbuckers etc) would i still be allowed to enter as i have all the equipment i just have no cash!

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
Why not build a 3/4 scale explorer, like a kiddie one? Haha, that would be pretty rockin' if you ask me. Plus, since you're using oak, it would at least make it a manageable guitar weight-wise.
ok people quick update the wood is 65cm down and 40 cm across what can i make with that?

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
Quote by lumberjack
Why not build a 3/4 scale explorer, like a kiddie one? Haha, that would be pretty rockin' if you ask me. Plus, since you're using oak, it would at least make it a manageable guitar weight-wise.

You can make this
Or why don't you do that V you tried to do a couple of weeks back?
Have a look through the Ultimate Template thread, it has a long list of guitars, maybe look at all the guitars there and decide on one?
well iv drawn out a jackson kelly design onto my wood and im gonna make one of those bodys because thats the closest thing to an explorer that looked any good on this size of wood. pics tommorow i promise but it wont be cut for a few days, also im trying to enter the 100gbp contest so wish me luck!

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

Quote by Mr. La Fritz

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise