So i have been looking for amps i can use with my band as holidays are coming up and i want to get my band some gigs. i went out to 2 places and tried both amps, i liked the Peavey but it didn't come with a footswitch meaning i would have to buy one which would come in over my budget. i also liked the Fender, it was 100 watts 2x12" speakers and came with a footswitch, the only thing is that most reviews say that the Frontman 212R doesn't have good distortion. personally i didn't mind what it cranked out in the store it wasn't a metal distortion but it was pretty much what i expected.

my band plays straight rock and i play shred and country/rockabilly at home when i am bored.

i am also getting a Vox Tonelab LE for christmas.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

out of the two, the Peavey...but you would be better off a used Peavey Classic 30...
You'd be better off with a Valveking/Little Giant at that price.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
600 dollar budget, closest major city is Melbourne, closest city is Geelong.

i am Australian so amp prices are generally insane here.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

I have both a FM212 and just got rid of my Bandit 112. They are both horrible. I understand you're on a tight budget but you can probably do better.

Look used. Anything tube would be better with a pedal than a full solid state amp.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
i did notice when i was leaving the second store there was a 60 watt stack with a tube preamp for 600 dollars, so any tube experts care to elaborate on if that is any good. it was a Mega brand amp.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

i'm not buying it, my parents are getting it as a christmas present.

it doesn't really phase me that they are solid state amps, i liked the Peavey because of the amount of variation in different tones and i liked the fender because it is a 2x12" speaker 100 watts and has that fender sound. i am just not sure which one is better although i am leaning towards the fender.

the name of the amp brand was Mega i don't know the model number.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

i am trying to avoid digital effects as if they where the plague i have never heard one good thing about an amp with digital effects, and no i mean Mega amps.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

besides ebay, not that i know of. although if any australian out there knows of a awesome website to buy gear off please share.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Quote by gregs1020

have you had a look at allans music? they have pretty much everything you could ever want. bily hyde in blackburn would be too far away wouldnt it?
id trade my wife before i'd trade my gih-tah!