im just wondering, when anybody mentions the MG people talk about the "crushing overdrive", and im guessing its from some advertisement video but ive never seen it. so im just wondering about that, a link to the video would be nice also
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Zakk did an ad for his signature Marshall mini-stack, which is awful. But he describe it as having "crushing overdrive!" Same kinda think that Kerry King does with his 10w signature MG, but Zakk did it first.
Don't forget the sound, either...it's slamming
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
man, its great that theres an amp at such an affordable price that not only is loud, but has slamming tone AND crushing overdrive
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Whats funny is they truly believe anyone can get there level of tone out of it. Zakk can make any amp sound believable, not great but believable. So there like I dont see what the problem is, it sounds great when I play it lol... Geee I wonder why....
did anyone see the one with EJ demoing the Fender G-DEC he makes it sound aweseom like seriously I can see lots of people buying it cause he made it sound so good
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Exo M7
Don't forget the sound, either...it's slamming

Yeah theres something slamming about it.
I think its the feeling of my ears hitting themselves with a blackjack tryng to save themselves the burden of listening to the MG'S CRUSHING OVERDRIVE
haha seriously? Eric did make it sound good I don't blame you
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Zakk Wylde uses the word "slamming" as an adjective in a serious context, that just screams "tool."
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I was one of those peoples

That was in your pre-UG years, so it's alright. We still love you!
<.<.

.>.>

yea, we still love ya.
ha ha ....tnx Gregs

well the GDEC was my first amp starting out and in hindsight, yes, i can think of better ways to spend $269.

it's still fun to take out on the porch late at night and play. Something I can't do with the Valveking.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ha ha ....tnx Gregs

well the GDEC was my first amp starting out and in hindsight, yes, i can think of better ways to spend $269.

it's still fun to take out on the porch late at night and play. Something I can't do with the Valveking.

You couldn't just use an extension cable?

This is off topic and all but how would you describe the valvekings reaction to effects pedals? Does it take them well?
it sounds great because it's EJ playing it lol
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
But I think EJ made the amp seem more like it was meant for. A little warmup tool to use backstage or just to cart around. Zakk kind of gave the MG too much credit
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']You couldn't just use an extension cable?

This is off topic and all but how would you describe the valvekings reaction to effects pedals? Does it take them well?
That wasn't my point

both need power, the GDEC doesn't run on batteries.

point being the VK is hella lot heavier and louder.

yes, the VK takes pedals well, see my sig
and he didn't say anything like

"The G-DEC sounds totally SUSTAINING...the overdrive is SMOOTH and VIOLIN-LIKE"
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Quote by korinaflyingv
zakk wylde mg

yep.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
WTF!!: I think the MG is the worst, then the spider, then the gdec. If you ask me, the gdec is much more useful for practice than the MG or spider.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by al112987
Zakk Wylde uses the word "slamming" as an adjective in a serious context, that just screams "tool."

+1
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

I just bought one of the Zakk MG's, and all I hear is hate on them....I just gotta tell people that it has alot to do with how you use them, and I mean what kind of gear you plug into these things.
I am using a Gibson Les Paul, loaded with EMG 81/85's, and by it'self, with no effects, the Zakk microstack sounds great!
I can't say the same for a few of my other guitars, such as my 91 Fender strat, which does not use active pickups, but I can get even that to sound amazing by adding a few good pedals and cables.
I use cables made by the monster cable company, and have found that by switching the factory cables for hooking the head to the 2 cabinets with a couple of monsters has improved the sound greatly, to the point where I am in love with it!
Rule of thumb....never expect the factory to give quality cables for a practice sized amp.
Also, you wanna get the best possible sound? Use the best possible effects for you.
Don't waste time and money buying cheap effects, you gotta go to the companies like Boss, MXR, Dunlop...you get the idea!
A noise surpressor will also help get the best sound out of these things.
I think the Zakk microstack is for people who already have kickass equpment, but need an upgrade for a practice amp.
Even if you don't have the best equipment, remember, change those cables that hook the head to the cabs!You won't believe the tone you can get out of one of these things just by doing that one simple thing!
I have gotten tones that range from Pantera to Maiden on mine, so can you.
Don't waste time and money buying cheap effects, you gotta go to the companies like Boss

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Quote by gregs1020
Someone needs to get their ears biased.

truf
Call me Wes.
Gear: