I am looking for an album that defines the meaning of "Metal"

I feel that in all metal's sub-genres etc. it has lost meaning. I want to find at least one album that defines metal in all its glory. HELP ME OUT UG!!

Peace out,

Satan
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

I feel that in all metal's sub-genres etc. it has lost meaning. I want to find at least one album that defines metal in all its glory. HELP ME OUT UG!!

Peace out,

Satan

See, and this is where you fail.

Come back when you have a better sense of organisation.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
A metal is a chemical element whose atoms readily lose electrons to form positive ions, and form metallic bonds between other metal atoms and ionic bonds between nonmetal atoms.

I'm so funny
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I allways think of Venoms Black Metal when this subject comes up.

And this:
Quote by Slaytanic1993

Master of Puppets - Metallica
Ride the Lightning - Metallica
Kill Em' All - Metallica
Rust in Piece - Megadeth
Reign in Blood - Slayer
The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Painkiller - Judas Priest
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
A Vulgar Display of Power - Pantera
Sail upon the open skies
Something classic probably, like Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden, or Master of Puppets by Metallica. Or maybe a classic Megadeth or Slayer album.
Quote by Slaytanic1993

WHAT!?!? Did you read the proposition? I am aware of all different forms of metal, but say there is someone who doesn't even know what metal is... how would you describe it? What example would you give? I allways used to give raining blood..
Quote by eazy-c
A metal is a chemical element whose atoms readily lose electrons to form positive ions, and form metallic bonds between other metal atoms and ionic bonds between nonmetal atoms.

I'm so funny

I did find that funny acctually!
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

Peace out,

Satan

Quote by angusfan16
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Ride the Lightning - Metallica
Kill Em' All - Metallica
Rust in Piece - Megadeth
Reign in Blood - Slayer
The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Painkiller - Judas Priest
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
A Vulgar Display of Power - Pantera

I cannot find enough facepalm pictures to describe my feeling right now. How has metal lost meaning in sub-genres? If anything, it's gained more meaning, more depth, and more complexity(is that a word?).
Quote by uk.mace
You cannot define the metal with but one album; for the metal is vast, moreso than your mind could ever comprehend

YHYH I know. Im asking if there is ONE!
Quote by \Powerslave/
I cannot find enough facepalm pictures to describe my feeling right now. How has metal lost meaning in sub-genres? If anything, it's gained more meaning, more depth, and more complexity(is that a word?).

Sorry for offending you, but u missunderstood what I meant. I meant that in the midst of it all is there not confusion to the general public? What would they think of all these sub-genres?
even better! one song

BLACK SABBATH
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
there are none, and that's a good thing. what's the point of having a dozen sub genres if one album sums them all up perfectly?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
LiKKezz doodss The BlAck Album is awesommee like ENTer Sandman so heavey and NotHIing else metterts so peretty but A7Xs new album is good too

KEEP ON ROCKIN RIP DIMEBAG
Quote by slayer1516
LiKKezz doodss The BlAck Album is awesommee like ENTer Sandman so heavey and NotHIing else metterts so peretty but A7Xs new album is good too

KEEP ON ROCKIN RIP DIMEBAG

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
i wasn't sure, but just in case...
Quote by \Powerslave/

Uhhh so why was i quoted?
Sail upon the open skies
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
If you guys can find an album that combines:

Symphonic metal, black metal, thrash metal, groove metal, doom metal, trad metal, melodic death metal, brutal death metal, old-school death metal, crossover, power metal, folk metal, industrial metal, progressive metal, melodic metal, and grindcore

into one you have my condolences
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory