our band are all 14 years old and we have about 8 songs to record
and we are going to record them soon and copy them loads of times and sell them at a pound each and then we hope to play at some pubs/clubs
and then we are going to send the cd to local record labels and hope for an offer
we want to know is this the right way to approach this?
Play a few gigs first BEFORE you attempt to sell CD's. People are very very rarely gonna bother buying CD's from a band of 14 year olds....especially ones they have never seen live. Just try and flog them at gigs. As for the local record labels wait till you have built up a following, record companies are more likely to take an interest if you can pack a reasonably sized venue out.

Good luck
Sounds fine to me, cept I would copyright any song you are going to release as a single. (its like 30 bucks for 1 song)
how do you copyright them?
just quote me here if im right or wrong
does copyrighting stop other people from stealing the song
and does it mean you get paid if somebody want to use your song
Quote by paulseagull08
how do you copyright them?
just quote me here if im right or wrong
does copyrighting stop other people from stealing the song
and does it mean you get paid if somebody want to use your song

It means that if someone steals your song you can pursue legal action against them. Also if someone wants to use your song, you get payed for it because you wrote it.

You copyright them at http://www.copyright.gov/register/sound.html I believe.
It depends.

If you are highly successful and don't have a label, they will approach you. Or if they are looking around for good new bands they might approach you.

But you will prolly end up approaching them.
If you guys are only 14 i'd slow down. Really perfect your sound. Dont go blowing massive amounts of money on studio time and demos yet.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
If you're only all 14, not many people are going to take you seriously until they see you play live, especially not labels. Most other bands won't even take you seriously at that age unless you can play like a mo'fo (i.e.- Black Tide).
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Quote by Helloween_rox
If you're only all 14, not many people are going to take you seriously until they see you play live, especially not labels. Most other bands won't even take you seriously at that age unless you can play like a mo'fo (i.e.- Black Tide).

That happened to us, we played at a local beer festival and nobody took us seriously untill we played and were one of the best there
Just get some gigs done, then I would just promote your music on the internet and get money from gigs
ok having taking on board everything that everybody has said heres the new plan...
record a 5song demo to give to pub/club owners ensuring we can get a gig then play a few gigs and then make a kind of album with about 14 songs on and copyright it then put the songs on myspace and give away the cds at our gigs for free
and then we hope to move right into the city centre playing gigs and using the money for better equipment then hope we get noticed by a label if not carry on playing gigs and start selling our cd's if we become more popular(but only sell them for cheap) then if we are still not signed and are becoming very popular send our cd to record labels

btw i just made that sound like we were the perfect band lol didnt mean to sound like we wil DEFINATELY make it lol.