I need a new amp to replace my little 10w. I play AC/DC,Lynard Skynard,GNR,Muddy Waters,BB King,Three Days Grace,Shinedown,Mettalica,Ted Nugent,and Other Stuff like that. I was looking at the Fender Frontman 212 100w Combo amp, what do you all think? I'm open to any suggstions.I have to order online since my local store dosent carry jack and is overpriced.My budget is $400
fender frontmans are some of the worst amps ever. a peavey valveking 112 would be pretty good in this situation. are you willing to go used though?

EDIT: also, we need to know if you'll be playing gigs or with a band or anything
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
fender frontmans are some of the worst amps ever. a peavey valveking 112 would be pretty good in this situation. are you willing to go used though?

Yeah
don't go with the frontman, not even a good practice amp and the 212r is just a bloated overpriced version

for that cash, a Peavey Valveking would be right up your alley. if you have pedals or would buy some, the blackhearts (little giant, handsome devil) are pretty sweet. you could get one of the cheap $200 crates, a good new speaker, and some tubes and get it all professionally installed for $400.

if you're willing to go used, a lot more options are open, Peavey Classic 30s especially
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
also, he doesnt have to go tube; a pod X3 would be good be nice, since assuming he hasnt had much experience with gear, it'll show him what different amps and effects sound like, so that when he has the chance to buy the real thing, he'll know what hes doing. plus he could use headphones and record
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
It's probably a tossup between the Valveking and the Classic 30. I recommend a used C30, it's better for classic rock and with a good overdrive pedal it will do metallica quite nicely. Crates are also good.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
true too. I don't know why everyone says you pretty much have to get a tube amp.

over budget solid state amps, sure, but the pod is great for direct recording

a lot of people get it wrong
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
TS will you be playing gigs? If so a smaller amp (and possibly a POD as well) is better for you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Exo M7
don't go with the frontman, not even a good practice amp and the 212r is just a bloated overpriced version

for that cash, a Peavey Valveking would be right up your alley. if you have pedals or would buy some, the blackhearts (little giant, handsome devil) are pretty sweet. you could get one of the cheap $200 crates, a good new speaker, and some tubes and get it all professionally installed for $400.

if you're willing to go used, a lot more options are open, Peavey Classic 30s especially

You mean this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
valve junior from epiphone and 1x12 or 2x12 v30 cab for room playing i enjoy this setup tremendously myself. Really good with a booster in front of it for solos, for all the music you listed, and 5 watts are pretty powerful . bet youll be surprised. Other options could be the peaveys metioned above. I myself really dig the one channel setup with the valve junior. You turn its volume all the way up and get a nice rock crunch, and the nyou c´back down the volume on guitar for nice cleans, and for solos you have you guitar at ten and turn on the bost pedal.
This is a great setup and fits your budget. I have been though many amps in my time, and this little head really does well. I only use it for practice, but would have no problem giggin with it when you get to that point
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat