I know there's an over use of power chords, but I want to make something that sounds cool and fun that still sounds like pop punk, but looks and sounds like something different.

So, suggestions? I might be jamming with my friend (who is very much into said genre) and I might want to give it a shot.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
jam to something else.

seriously though just use some pentatonic wankary.
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
I think you're best bet would be some simple-sounding, major key solos that incorporate a lot of double stops (perfect fourths and fifths would sound great) over a 16th note powerchord chord progression. Try the Mixolydian scale maybe? Billie Joe Armstrong writes a lot of stuff with this mode.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
I think you're best bet would be some simple-sounding, major key solos that incorporate a lot of double stops (perfect fourths and fifths would sound great) over a 16th note powerchord chord progression. Try the Mixolydian scale maybe? Billie Joe Armstrong writes a lot of stuff with this mode.

I wouldn't recommend playing fourths or fifths over chords. Harmonizing in thirds, or better yet, harmonizing with chord tones, sounds much more natural. Also, I very rarely hear 16th note power chord progressions in pop-punk. And Green Day's music is rarely modal. Most songs are in major keys, although they often use a bVII.
The thing about pop-punk is that it's mostly about the vocals more so than the guitar. What the guitar plays might be damn simple, but what makes a pop-punk song sound different is the vocal melodies.

My advice; write a singing melody/lyrics and one of you can sing whilst the other plays. Or you could play a cover. It's not really jamming in the traditional sense, but pop-punk isn't really jam music.