I've been working on a project for near a year now, because I don't have a lot of time to screw around with these things. Anyway, I've been building a guitar from old parts of other past guitars that I've trashed. I'm finally done, except I need a choice for pickups. I'm going with SSS. Any versatile single-coil pickups out there? I don't use 'em so I don't know. I've owned a couple SSS but never changed from stock.

-Thanks
^ Fender noiseless in the neck and middle, rails or another stacked humbucker in the bridge.

HSS that looks like SSS
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
^ Fender noiseless in the neck and middle, rails or another stacked humbucker in the bridge.

HSS that looks like SSS

+1 to Ottar. That's probably your best option. Figure out which wood you'll be using, what it sounds like (i.e Alder is very bright, almost trebly, while Mahogany is warm, and bassy) and get pickups that'll compensate for the lack of tone in whatever area it lacks in. The stacked single in the 3rd slot should always be a bassy pickup though, mainly because it's used for rythm.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
^ Honestly, the wood will not make much of a difference.

In the GB&C forum, there have been some bloody long discussions about this, and it really doesn't make enough of a difference to warrant a different choice of pickups.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
^ Honestly, the wood will not make much of a difference.

In the GB&C forum, there have been some bloody long discussions about this, and it really doesn't make enough of a difference to warrant a different choice of pickups.

Although I agree, it does add more balance to the tone if you have a bad body wood. (i.e Pine) It doesn't make as much of a difference as you get to the higher quality woods (Mahogany, Hard Maple, etc.) That being said, do you mind if I PM'd you and asked you a few questions?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Budget would be nice too. Anyways I'll just recommend Kinman pickups. His stuff generally is top notch.