Poll: which would have the better seats
Poll Options
View poll results: which would have the better seats
center ice up in the nosebleed section
26 63%
lower level but kinda behind the goal
15 37%
Voters: 41.
so i've never been to a hockey game before. my girlfriend and i wanna go to one, so i was looking at the tickets that fell in my price range. they offered two different views, so i was wondering what UG thinks would be best. should i:

a) get upper level seats at center ice, or;

b) get lower level seats that are slightly behind the goal?
Go Veg.
If your in the lower level, people might be walking in front of you alot. i'm not sure though...
Well what do you mean by upper level? 300?
And lower? 100?

'Cause the 100s behind the goal are pretty ubber, and you can harass the other goalie.
The lower the better.

I like to actually be able to see the players. They look like little dots from the nosebleeds.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
ive been to an AHL game which is the next level down from NHL, and i would pick middle-top, BEST place to watch
lower seats cost so much and you really dont get a good view of the game, especially behind the net

Iv seen over 40 NHL games, and I always go for balcony seats a little higher up

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
If you're there for just action (not just with the girl too haha) go behind the net...you feel like your "in" the game, more happens. If you're there to watch the play develop and what-not, get the high seats. So i'm assuming your gonna go lower...also chicks dig it haha (there's alot of play on words here that I honestly didn't mean!)
Being behind the goal is sweet. Granted you dont get as good of a view of the far goal, there always lots of action near the goal. Furthermore the teams will switch sides between periods. so you'll get a good look at both teams throughout the periods
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
center ice IMO is a lot better. You get to see the whole ice, and the whole game. overall i like these seats a lot better.
Quote by IbanezRG2EX1
ive been to an AHL game which is the next level down from NHL, and i would pick middle-top, BEST place to watch

yes, and in the center
DO NOT sit behind or near behind the net because you wont be able to make out what is going on the other side of the ice.
net
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The lower the better, if you're high and in the middle it's worse than watching it on tv
Quote by Tyler Durden
lower seats cost so much and you really dont get a good view of the game, especially behind the net

Iv seen over 40 NHL games, and I always go for balcony seats a little higher up

hey we have a calgary flames fan. GO FLAMES

(i'm assuming because it says you live in calgary)
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
if ur at or near the corner boards and up about 5-10 rows (just above the glass), take those. those are the best seats
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
hey we have a calgary flames fan. GO FLAMES

(i'm assuming because it says you live in calgary)

haha that my friend, is correct!
Definatly go behind the net, I watched a canucks game once and that is a prime place to watch from, but if you end up getting the other one's, better bring binoculars...(so take the lower ones)
upper level if you can get front row, their surprisingly good seats if you get the front row and see everything
lower level isnt bad either, but youll probably have blind spots
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
ok friggin i probaly wouldnt get the seats up high. IOf they were cheap ull be up really high and wont be able to see the ice (they have big tvs up in the high sections so u can watch it clearly on the tv but its just not the same). Id go for behind the net. Its friggin awesome for powerplays and stuff when their in the same zone for a long time
When i went to see the tampa bay lightnings i was sat upper level in the center. It was awesome, i could see everything. Steep as hell though lol.
depending on how low the lower seats are. being behind the goal is awesome.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
i have leafs seasons tickets, and we're on the second level, and i love it
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

I squinted my eyes and said "Where is your god now"

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: capn crayola
I've had the privilege of sitting behind the Sens' penalty box, as well as sitting in a box in the 200's. They were both sweet and had their advantages. In your case, I would say sit as close to the ice as possible.
Personally, I can't stand goalie seats. So, I voted nosebleed.

Why do you want to go?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
upper section is fine for hockey games. you can see all the action perfectly, and its not like you are really that far away from the action.

lower level isn't bad either. behind the goal would be good if you are on the end where your team shoots twice. otherwise behind the goal might not be the best.

but either way you will have a lot of fun. NHL games are awesome, at least in Philly anyway.

for your first game, i would probably get the upper levels. this way you can get a feel for what things are like. get lower level seats some other time.