hey guys, I recently ordered new pickups for my RG1570 to replace the stocks, and I decided on an Air Norton (Neck) and D Sonic (bridge) Now I'm wondering, the d soni can be installed in the guitar two ways, one's supposed to be "more melodic and smooth" and the other is "tighter and more aggressive"

Does anyone have any experience with this pickup? I wanna have it installed but I don't know what direction to face it... If anybody has some input I'd appreciate it.

Oh and by the way, if you couldn't tell from the pickup selection, I'm going for a john petrucci-ish tone, but I also want some versatility for alt or classic rock, I'm playin it with a bad monkey and a valveking if that helps.

Thanks guys.
if you want the petuccish tone then the bar facing the neck should get the tone.
I have this pup and experimented with the positions and the bar facing the bridge is more aggressive than the bar facing the neck which is smoother and rounder.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Last edited by Blacken Seas at Dec 2, 2008,
WIll that still have good clarity for rhythm playing too? Because I don't want it to be too smooth and non-agressive, I think the air norton will handle that stuff pretty well...
Yes it will have the clarity that you will need but if you push it to hard it will get muddy.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
John Prettuci Has the Rail facing the neck in his 6 strings.
He has Rail facing the bridge on his 7 strings.

And dont worry youlle get enough aggression alright .
My old guitar had this pickup set and my RG is about to as well.

MY advice?

RAIL TO NECK:
E standard
Eb standard
Drop D
D standard

RAIL TO BRIDGE:
Db standard
C standard
Drop C
Drop Db
AND ALL LOWER
alright cool... I dont think i should have a problem, Ive gotten used to avoiding pushing my pups because the v7 and v8 stocks are pretty muddy... Does anybody else have some input on this?
Quote by Hamburglekins
alright cool... I dont think i should have a problem, Ive gotten used to avoiding pushing my pups because the v7 and v8 stocks are pretty muddy... Does anybody else have some input on this?

Is this an RG EX series?
If so I can personaly say this will go great.
I am doing the same to my Ibby
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Is this an RG EX series?
If so I can personaly say this will go great.
I am doing the same to my Ibby

Congrats

I really love mine... Its a beauty, Its neck plays like a dream, its just the stock pups were always a bit muddy (ibanez thing i guess)

I've been lookin forward to this for quite a while now, so iI'm happy I finally orderedthem
Quote by Hamburglekins
Congrats

I really love mine... Its a beauty, Its neck plays like a dream, its just the stock pups were always a bit muddy (ibanez thing i guess)

I've been lookin forward to this for quite a while now, so iI'm happy I finally orderedthem

I have a RGEX1QM1
Its rather beautifull.
And i love it.
Im changing out the bridge first.
Im actually satisfied with these ATM.
Check out my recordings and you can tell they do sound rather dark.