So my fender blues jr is quite clean. I want a pedal that will let me kind of straddle the breakup point, so its relatively clean if I strum but then if I pick harder and dig in it has some bite to it. Some real bite too not like a creamy overdrive. Suggestions? < $100
Standard Fender Telecaster
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Not the Dyna Drive, too digital. Go with a Digitech Bad Monkey, a Boss BD-2, or an Ibanez Tubescreamer. The BD-2 is even better when modded.
Quote by gourd42
i was going to insult thedude97, BUT HIS AVATAR SHOWS MORDOR!
cool ill definitely try those out, thanks dude
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
some sort of clean boost is what your looking for
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Just turn the amp up louder. All a clean boost will do is make the amp louder and get it close to where you'd be if you just turned the amp up a bit.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
yea but i have to crank it pretty hard to get that. I guess if i just ruin my ears then I will be able to sustain that kind of volume all the time!?!? -haha
Fender Blues Jr
Ibz10
Have you tried using your volume knob? (no sarcasm)

You should be able to go relatively clean to a 'biting' sort of overdrive if you set the amp volume and guitar volume correctly.
Try an EHX LPB-1. I can't believe how much I've talked about that thing today.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Quote by zipppy2006
yea but i have to crank it pretty hard to get that. I guess if i just ruin my ears then I will be able to sustain that kind of volume all the time!?!? -haha

Well, I usually wear earplugs when I'm playing that loud at band practice. It's just good to protect your hearing, and I have to anyway, since I play with a drummer.