our band are all 14 and solely rely on money from christmas, birthdays and pocket money so we have recorded some songs with the school gear and weve shown it to local pubs/clubs and they all said we could play there anytime just say when but the problem is we need the right gear but we dont know how much things cost or who should get what because we always play in school with the school gear. so heres what we need:

vocalist/rhythm guitarist needs: guitar amp, pa system, microphone
lead guitarist(me) needs: guitar amp
bass guitarist needs: bass amp
drummer needs: nothing

so we dont know who should buy what or how much any of these things cost so please give me as much advice as possible
You probably won't need a PA system, most places that let bands play have a house PA and mics. And why do YOU need stuff anyway? You seem to have two strats and two amps.
You could even lend your singer the Encore and the Frontman. That's a lot of money you'd save. If you don't want to give him your stuff though, there are plenty of good cheap guitars out there. Yamaha Pacificas, Vintages, Ibanez being some that come mind. That's all a matter of preference though. But I'd avoid Epiphone currently, especially the cheap ones, they sound muddy as hell and the ones below 400$ often have issues concerning build quality.
For the amp, I'd say your singer will need at the very least 30 watts if you're going for a solid state amp, though 50 are better if you play in bigger pubs. Amps like Roland Cubes and the Vox Valvetronix are a common choice for good reasons. I'd take the Cube if you like metal and the Vox for lower gain stuff (all sorts of rock). The line6 Flextone is also worth a look.
If you're going for a tube amp, 30 watts should be enough even for the big venues. I don't know all that much about cheaper tube amps, so I'll shut my hole here and let others recommend.

For the bass stuff, I'd check the bass section of the forums.

EDIT: I know that it sounds contradictory to tell you to give your vocalist your Frontmann and tell you that he'll need at least 30 watts, but amps can be mic'd and amplified through the pa, so volume usually isn't a problem. The bigger amps have bigger speakers though (usually), which gives you more and better bass response, hence helping with the tone.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by paulseagull08
our band are all 14 and solely rely on money from christmas, birthdays and pocket money so we have recorded some songs with the school gear and weve shown it to local pubs/clubs and they all said we could play there anytime just say when but the problem is we need the right gear but we dont know how much things cost or who should get what because we always play in school with the school gear. so heres what we need:

vocalist/rhythm guitarist needs: guitar amp, pa system, microphone
lead guitarist(me) needs: guitar amp
bass guitarist needs: bass amp
drummer needs: nothing

so we dont know who should buy what or how much any of these things cost so please give me as much advice as possible

There's a used Line 6 Flextone in Wesley Music in Southport - that should do your rhythm guitarist nicely.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
so if the PA system is already provided all we need is a bass amp and guitar amp?
so i was thinking for a guitar amp the roland cube 30
but im not sure about bass amps
What's best to get kind of depends on how much money you have and what you can find.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by paulseagull08
so if the PA system is already provided all we need is a bass amp and guitar amp?
so i was thinking for a guitar amp the roland cube 30
but im not sure about bass amps

I think the Cube 30 is one of the best values for the money available, esp if you want metal tone for cheap. I'd still look for a used one. Used gear will save you a bundle of money. I bought most of my gear used. Sorry, but I have no real experience with bass amps.

Edit: I'd also check out the places you'd be playing at to make sure they DO have their own PAs. Here in the USA, there's lots of small clubs that don't have one.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Dec 2, 2008,