This christmas im looking to pick up music notation software and i wanted to know if anyone has an idea of which would be the best one. I heard that Sibelius is really good, but I want a second opinion
I'm not sure about the one mentioned but you might try Power Tab it's free an what a treat!
I would say guitar pro, another option is powertab
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
Finale but it's mad expensive.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by The Tyler
Guitar Pro!

This
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Guitar notation specifically, or a full comprehensive music notater?

If the latter, Finale is very comprehensive, but a bit difficult to use. The program "Encore" is apparently much easier, but slightly more limited
tixguitar

it plays gp files

and its free
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I'd say Finale. The newest versions come with Garritan sound software too, so you won't need to hire an orchestra anymore to get your pieces taken seriously on the radio.
For the record, I am looking for complete software, so I'm not gonna get guitar pro. I think I'm gonna go with Sibelius.
I've used Encore and it seemed decent. I've heard good things about Sibelius though.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by LadyHellraiser
The two big ones are Sibelius and Finale... They have the most features, hands down...

Finale is incredibly hard to use initially, Sibelius is a little more user friendly.

Took the words right out of my mouth. In all my music theory and composition classes, I have used both Sibelius and Finale, and I really like them both. Sibelius is a little easier to pick up than Finale, but both are wonderful programs.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
guitar pro is good but power tab is free and pretty good. go with powertab
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
i use Finale for all my sheet music its great. its a bit on the expensive side but the new verion of it is great. you can do a lot on it. get it you willn't be dissapointed.
For what it's worth, I've always preferred Sibelius to Finale, but neither one is particularly wallet-friendly. I went with a more affordable option, Notation Composer. It doesn't have some of the advanced features of Sibelius, but it's never really limited me to speak of.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD