So I just bought a Squire Telecaster Custom, and I love this guitar alot . Anyways, the high e string when I press down on the first and second fret gives me a real rattly sound and same goes for the b string. I think the problem is in the nut, but I'm not sure and don't wanna try to fix anything without knowing.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post was this or electric guitar and I decided on this, thanks for you help
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
adjust your saddles up for the strings until they stop rattling
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
adjust your saddles up for the strings until they stop rattling

Good call, thanks
Quote by bradulator
Quote by jdmurrayz
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post was this or electric guitar and I decided on this, thanks for you help
either is fine, just not both.
and this forum has more people visit it that are good at the technical aspects, so i think you made a better choice.

Quote by jdmurrayz
So I just bought a Squire Telecaster Custom, and I love this guitar alot . Anyways, the high e string when I press down on the first and second fret gives me a real rattly sound and same goes for the b string. I think the problem is in the nut, but I'm not sure and don't wanna try to fix anything without knowing.
it sounds like your third fret is a little high.

increasing the height of the saddles will get rid of this, but the action will be higher than it could be, if the fret heights were all in line.

read about fret leveling and crowning.
if you think you can do this, it will improve the "playability" of your guitar.

if you don't want to do it yourself, ask a luthier for an estimate.
ask the total price for upgrading the nut to bone or tusq, or a graphtech and the fret leveling and a set-up (trussrod adjustment to get the optimum relief, saddle height for lowest action without buzz, and intonation adjustment). if it's a price you're willing to pay, the improvements could be amazing.

Squiers rock with a little TLC.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
either is fine, just not both.
and this forum has more people visit it that are good at the technical aspects, so i think you made a better choice.

it sounds like your third fret is a little high.

increasing the height of the saddles will get rid of this, but the action will be higher than it could be, if the fret heights were all in line.

read about fret leveling and crowning.
if you think you can do this, it will improve the "playability" of your guitar.

if you don't want to do it yourself, ask a luthier for an estimate.
ask the total price for upgrading the nut to bone or tusq, or a graphtech and the fret leveling and a set-up (trussrod adjustment to get the optimum relief, saddle height for lowest action without buzz, and intonation adjustment). if it's a price you're willing to pay, the improvements could be amazing.

Squiers rock with a little TLC.

Cool thanks for the info, i'll get working on it I just adjusted the saddles and it helped, action is a bit high for my liking but i'll fiddle around with it and get it where I like it.
Quote by bradulator