Poll: should they jail the stampeders?
Poll Options
View poll results: should they jail the stampeders?
HELLYEAH!
18 17%
No, they didnt know they were going to kill anyone
8 8%
Yes, even if they didnt intend it, its still manslaughter
36 35%
Theyre not gonna be able to identify anyone anyway
20 19%
they should do away with black friday
21 20%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 2
i searched. i didnt find anything.

so!

what does the pit think about the man who was trampled by a mob on black friday in Long Island? i think that people should be jailed, he was trying to say a pregnant lady who was being pushed up against the glass.

i heard the cops are looking at the surveillance vids to find who was in the front that they could charge...

i think they should lock them up if they can track anyone down.

no man should die because of shopping. thats just not right.

edit: we was 28 and a temp

edit: 12-3-08
his family is sueing walmart!

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbss...334171820081203

theyll probably get millions
Last edited by seankellyultgtr at Dec 3, 2008,
Yeah, this has been all over the news. Seems ridiculous the lengths people will go to just to save a bit of cash.
this has been discussed already, though i don't think it had its own thread, and doncha think its a little late for this, i mean that was a couple days ago
I'm Luke.
i lol'd when I first heard it

then I was like: dude...

and then I was all like: lol
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
It is (unfortunately) a sign of the times my friend. The "kinder gentler" world has not done us well. Hell, if half of the kids on UG were beaten earlier in life we wouldn't need to deal with most of the BS threads.

Quote by seankellyultgtr
i searched. i didnt find anything.

so!

what does the pit think about the man who was trampled by a mob on black friday in Long Island? i think that people should be jailed, he was trying to say a pregnant lady who was being pushed up against the glass.

i heard the cops are looking at the surveillance vids to find who was in the front that they could charge...

i think they should lock them up if they can track anyone down.

no man should die because of shopping. thats just not right.
Quote by Datrooper
this has been discussed already, though i don't think it had its own thread, and doncha think its a little late for this, i mean that was a couple days ago

well no one else said anything, and i think its awful.

also, poll up
Yeah there have been threads about it.

I feel bad, because someone will report you.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

search again
alyhough this has a poll...
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Vikingx
It is (unfortunately) a sign of the times my friend. The "kinder gentler" world has not done us well. Hell, if half of the kids on UG were beaten earlier in life we wouldn't need to deal with most of the BS threads.

well **** you, i was beaten earlier in life. alcoholism hurts

edit:
i found the other thread
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1009454&highlight=black+friday+trample
i guess i didnt search the right thing
Last edited by seankellyultgtr at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
its gonnna be a pain to prosecute though.

they have to make an example out of someone though! this is bull
These are times where you sit back and notice the differance in the types of people in the world. If you're on the side where you would never see yourself doing something so stupid, you have a leg up on apparently a good portion of our whacked up society. It should make you feel a little better about yourself.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by seankellyultgtr
well **** you, i was beaten earlier in life. alcoholism hurts

Those who took this post personally most likely are the ones who have posted BS threads.

I am a father. There is a definite need to raise children to understand the pressures of society and what is expected of them. In the adverse... there is definitly a need for understanding and compassion. That balance has been lost.

I am feel for you on your up-bringing. I honestly do. That wasn't the point that I was trying to make. Your situation should not be made light of, and as a man I can only apologize for others that have not stepped up.

The point that I was trying to make is that society has lost the concept that "It isn't about you".

Plain and simple...

Everyone is so self-entitled now that they have lost the vision of the greater good. I have been in many piss-poor countries that STILL have this ideal.

Community...

It's a wonderful thing. Look out for your fellow man...
or in your case, child that needs help.
Quote by Jericho114
These are times where you sit back and notice the differance in the types of people in the world. If you're on the side where you would never see yourself doing something so stupid, you have a leg up on apparently a good portion of our whacked up society. It should make you feel a little better about yourself.

Thank you Jericho...
Haven't seen you in a while.
There's already been half a dozen threads on this...I don't believe that you searched.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Whoo Long Island!
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
This wasn't the only instance of black friday madness. A woman was trampled in front of a wal-mart, and someone shot someone else over a toy.

I want to know what the hell is wrong with the world. What is with these people thinking they need all this crap? Stuff is nice, I admit, but would you kill someone for it? That's pathetic. And I don't even like people that much, but I think those people are total morons. How shallow and superficial can people be? I'm so sick of these uptight, pretentious, and just plain stupid suburban assholes.

/whine
A good public beheading will teach them. Not with a guillotine, that's too good for the bastards. I say an axe. Or a spoon...Or a bendy straw.

-shaggadellicfuz

That's right. I sigged myself. Because I'm a philosopher.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
well, thats the wrong way to go about it, from a forensics point of view (which is the view i see from lol).

then explain your view?
Personally I think this is unbelievable. I can understand a few shoppers flying inside and accidentally knocking him down, but that wouldn't have killed him, probably not even injured him. The death was caused by a mob of humanity flying in, smashing him, in the name of sales, without even stopping to help him up. Just goes to show how low the human race can go. And when they were trying to evacuate Wal-Mart because of the incident, people refused to leave because they were intent on saving money despite the fact that someone was trampled death in their efforts. All merchandise bought that day was registered on computers with people's names if they used a credit card. I think all merchandise should be returned, and everyone fined extensively, and the specific ones in the camera, jailed.
Quote by EnemyWolf
Personally I think this is unbelievable. I can understand a few shoppers flying inside and accidentally knocking him down, but that wouldn't have killed him, probably not even injured him. The death was caused by a mob of humanity flying in, smashing him, in the name of sales, without even stopping to help him up. Just goes to show how low the human race can go. And when they were trying to evacuate Wal-Mart because of the incident, people refused to leave because they were intent on saving money despite the fact that someone was trampled death in their efforts. All merchandise bought that day was registered on computers with people's names if they used a credit card. I think all merchandise should be returned, and everyone fined extensively, and the specific ones in the camera, jailed.

+1
Quote by seankellyultgtr
they have to make an example out of someone though! this is bull

A good public beheading will teach them. Not with a guillotine, that's too good for the bastards. I say an axe. Or a spoon...Or a bendy straw.

-shaggadellicfuz

Oh....
Incidentally... Yeah Long Island!

Not really the poster children for your cause.
Quote by Vikingx
Oh....

Don't be hatin'
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Vikingx
Oh....

My god...They can clone human beings now? I didn't see it coming so fast.

-shaggadellicfuz

Again, my point...
If their Dads were in their lives at all (or started beating their @sses when they got into this) they'd never be posted.

Point taken???
They shouldn't let people rush in like that. Something like this was bound to happen eventually. Shoppers should line up in single file, and security guards should throw out anyone who breaks the line or starts running.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by seankellyultgtr
then explain your view?

well, my view is to go over as much evidence as possible, and directly link as many people as i can to the actual crime of trampling/killing the person. problem is, there is so much gray area involved with this type of investigation that linking even one person is going to be quite difficult.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
well, my view is to go over as much evidence as possible, and directly link as many people as i can to the actual crime of trampling/killing the person. problem is, there is so much gray area involved with this type of investigation that linking even one person is going to be quite difficult.

well they would charge the first row of the first wave of people. and maybe the last row

edit:
wouldnt you feel a body underneath you? like how you could step on something and not look down
Hey Skierinanutshel...
I've been out to Elizabethtown a few times. Amazing area. All Amish jokes aside.
love the avatar. I've seen that sign many times.
this shows just how stupid human beings really are. endangering the life of another for material goods. i think they said that he was a temporary worker also, like for the holiday shopping season
Quote by Vikingx
Hey Skierinanutshel...
I've been out to Elizabethtown a few times. Amazing area. All Amish jokes aside.
love the avatar. I've seen that sign many times.

awesome! since you are from doylestown.....have you been to manheim? you may have seen my house depending on how you get to elizabethtown.

and to be on topic, i do think that people should be charged for the death of the man that was trampled (i'm not sure i actually have said that yet)
Quote by seankellyultgtr
reading is quite nice

Sure... if you're a landscaper.
Quote by Vikingx
I lived in Reading when I visited Elizabethown....

yeah, reading is a a very nice area (in agreement with above). although, what did you do in elizabethtown...there isnt a whole lot to do.

also, it is very easy to not notcie you are walking on something if you are acutely focused on another subject.
Page 1 of 2