Hi. I am currently making a recording, but I don't have any way to make my drums sound good. What is the best virtual drum software that I could use to produce high quality sounding drums? Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") = 100% Awesome

A good friend will help you up when you fall.
A best friend will just laugh and trip you again.
Addictive drums. Expensive but worth it IMO
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
I use Drumkit From Hell and it works well enough for what I need. I have samples in my profile if you wanna hear what they sound like.
DFH sounds way better than whats in your profile raven, no offence lol, but it sounds so much better. ill post a clip of superior 2.0 later (which is the new DFH), i'd say its pretty amazing.
Well Enough Alone
^ be that as it may, it was indeed DFH. I'll have to check out superior 2 when you get the clip up and maybe I'll aquire it somehow.
Can someone get me some good samples of DFH or superior 2.0?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") = 100% Awesome

Quote by The Raven
^ be that as it may, it was indeed DFH. I'll have to check out superior 2 when you get the clip up and maybe I'll aquire it somehow.

no i meant more that your mixes didnt really show off how good the drums can be. im sure they are DFH, it just takes a good mix to really show them off... no offence of course, im no record producer either.

edit: i posted up a song i did with Superior 2.0 in my profile. it was for a halloween song competition. i have too much bottom of the snare in there, but you probably wont notice... my mix isnt that great, i barely touched the surface of whats possible with S2 with this song.
Well Enough Alone
Last edited by guitardude11 at Dec 2, 2008,
guitardude11, that sample was great. thanks for all your help guys! i will be getting DFH or superior 2.0 soon.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") = 100% Awesome

guitardude11:
Halloween is a decent song. The drums do indeed sound really nice. Congrats.

Lets just say that this (^) sounds alot better than anything I was ever able to do with acoustica beatcraft. True I just had the trial but ehh....

-Ryan
What i've used in the past is DrumStation DT 010. Its pretty much the bare bones of a drum sampler. If you get decent samples (which is actually really easy) then you're set. There's no need to spend a huge amount on software which will practically do the same thing as free software. Okay, you're paying for the nice interface and samples - which is sort of worth it. But if you do a bit of leg work, you should be able to get the same sort of results.
I love you long time.
no, there is no interface with superior2 really. its a control panel but you need a midi sequencer like cubase or something. and yes, the samples ARE worth it... the $300.
Well Enough Alone
Yeah, but you can make your own really easily, and there are millions on the web that are really decent. You can buy samples too, for less than £30 - and they are just as good as the ones on DFH.

It's all down to opinions in the end, but I know I would rather download the free software, and spend £30~ and get similar results to something that cost x10 more. In the end, it will never sound as good as the real thing anyway - or at least it isn't yet. Never say never in the digital world haha.
I love you long time.
IV been looking everywhere for DFH samples, (just the single samples of each drum and cymbal) would any body by kind enough to give/send me some?

In return ill send my entire drum library via email which IV spent almost a year sampling.

Travis9898@aol.com <<< that’s ma email.

K thanks LOL!