I'm scheduled to take my first ACT test in two weeks. I've already taken two SATs within the last year and scored 1050 and 1100, respectively. I just took the second SAT test a month ago, so I still have some of that know-how retained.

I was just wondering how difficult (or how different) the ACT is from the SAT. Should I be worried? Should I study all day and night? Or do you think I'm able to sort of skimp on the cramming and score reasonably well come test day?

Help!
Around here, the ACT is pushed harder than the SAT, and I got a 29 on it my freshmen year, with the high score being 36. I've taken the PSAT, but not received my scores yet, so I can't tell you how you'd do. Wish I could help.
Quote by Like I Is
I've already taken two SATs within the last year and scored 1050 and 1100, respectively.
Help!

I really hope thats out of 1600.

From my perspective, the act was easier...you just gotta watch your time.
Ive only taken the ACT..im scheduled to take SAT in January..im kinda worried because I was denied a math class this year so im freaking out

Is the SAT math intensive? Or will not having a math class this year not effect me very much?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Math is pretty tough.

I'm in my Senior year.

And yes, it was out of 1600. Give me a little credit.

Well, thanks, everyone. Kind of.
My opinion is that the Act is more difficult because of the science section.

Personally, I'm really good at science, but the ACT science is different. It's more about reading a technical description and answering questions. Which normally isn't that hard...but the time restraint changes everything.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by gamebreaker
I really hope thats out of 1600.

From my perspective, the act was easier...you just gotta watch your time.

Had I finished the last 2 questions in the math section and in the science section before time ran out, I think I would have done better than a 29. Plus, I wasn't feeling to good that day.
Quote by kiwi68
Had I finished the last 2 questions in the math section and in the science section before time ran out, I think I would have done better than a 29. Plus, I wasn't feeling to good that day.

Lol consider yourself lucky...I have OCD and they wouldnt give me more time..so I literally only finished half way on both. No exaggeration. It was a frustrating day ..
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Like I Is

And yes, it was out of 1600. Give me a little credit.

Well, thanks, everyone. Kind of.

Is this the pit? It looks like the pit...I must have stumbled into some place with smart people...
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Lol consider yourself lucky...I have OCD and they wouldnt give me more time..so I literally only finished half way on both. No exaggeration. It was a frustrating day ..

At least it won't take 5 hours like the SAT, will it?

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I earned a 24 on my ACT the first and only time I took it.

The hardest part about it is time management, you just must work fast. The questions on it really aren't all too difficult, you just need to be quick.

I've never taken the SAT so I can't compare the two.

The test took about 4 hours if I remember right.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I haven't taken it and I don't plan to, but most people who I've talked to about it say it's much easier than the SAT. I made a 1260 on the SAT the first time I took it and I doubt I'll take it again.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by bigwilly
My opinion is that the Act is more difficult because of the science section.

Personally, I'm really good at science, but the ACT science is different. It's more about reading a technical description and answering questions. Which normally isn't that hard...but the time restraint changes everything.

Exactly. It doesnt ask normal science questions or anything, it just has you read extremely technical graphs and charts and then you have to answer specific questions really really fast. it sucks.
I got my A.A. degree and then took the ACT for scholarship purposes, and failed the science section miserably. Seriously, it was impossibly difficult.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
I thought the ACT was a piece of cake and my score reflects that, 35.
Just know how to manage your time, and have a decent understanding of the English language and algebra 2. Science is just data analysis and reading is reading.
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
I'm taking the SAT in January, I'm nervous, I haven't taken the ACT yet so I dunno. I scored high on the PSAT, how similar is that to the SAT?
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by dubstar92
I'm taking the SAT in January, I'm nervous, I haven't taken the ACT yet so I dunno. I scored high on the PSAT, how similar is that to the SAT?

the psat are pretty close to what the real SATS are. I took the SAT I and it was actually fairly easy to me. What math are you in right now? if you've at least taken algebra 2 or maybe even trig then you're ready for the math part. A lot of it doesn't have that high enough of math in it, but i'm asking to see if you're good at math anyways. If you are then you'll make it. Also make sure to learn up on vocabulary and grammar usage. Also learn to manage time wisely. There's some good practices on the collegeboard website and in the book they sell. It actually helped me to look at Word of the Day type things and the SAT question of the day on collegeboard.com.
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway