hey guys this is a bit soon but what the heck haha. I have about 400 and plan on spending about 8 maybe 900 on a good blues and clean amp. I'm thinking stuff from ceriatone probably the overtone special or a trainwreck clone.

but any other suggestions are welcome

I really want a great open glassy clean sound not like jazzy but I think you know what I mean.

I was also looking at the Deluxe reverb reissue

I want a great OD'd sound but also want a better clean sound It doesn't have to go much more gain than maybe Clapton stevie ray

I want it to have a nice smooth sound and great mids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0NAofXeieM that is the kind of gain it would be used for normally but I want it to go into the rock/classic rock teritory If I need it like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwW3ZbnI6Cw

I don't think there is much else to say, if there is anything Like that under 900 bucks I would be very happy. I don't want to buy the overtone speical if I don't have to cause they cost way more then any of the TW or matchless ones
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I have no experience with the Ceriatones or Dumble tones in general, but the Deluxe Reverb makes me
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The best thing to do is go to a shop and try some amps out. Everyone hears things differently so just because people recommend something here doesn't mean you will like it.
yeah I really like the DRRI cause it's the only one I've tried throw a nice chorus on that thing and it's amazing for cleans and with a TS it ain't to shabby.

but I would still like some answers on the OTS or other ceriatone amps

^the problem is I can't they don't really mass produce them
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
you talking to me?

I didn't really get it if so haha.

I"ve heard clips and everything it's just I dunno if there is better or if there is some other choices I and want some opinons from the people here
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
yeah I really like the DRRI cause it's the only one I've tried throw a nice chorus on that thing and it's amazing for cleans and with a TS it ain't to shabby

The OD on the DRRI is heavenly if you can get it loud enough to break up
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
thats my biggest problem I never got it really loud and I can play about half volume on my AOR during gigs but thats probably not gonna be enough for the DRRI
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Just a suggestion (and i'm not being a brand bragger here), but you're in the area where you can find CBB's used. Their Kingston 18 model, if you can find one used, sounds right up your alley when it comes to budget and tone.
But, finding them used is kind of hard.

Other than that, a DR reissue sounds good for you, and I don't have any experience with Ceriatone.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'll look into it wes and I'm guessing it's 18w? which means I can actually crank it up and get some nice tones
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Yeah, and they're purple too! Well, they do release them in black now, but most of the used ones will be purple.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
purple amps make everything better! haha

I didn't really see any used ones I"ll keep an eye out though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
bump
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
i think i asked this when you got your aor but whatever happened to you getting the splawn competition?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I dunno I'll get it but at the moment A good clean amp is the priority. I"ll get the competition soon probably some time next year if I get the money its just 1500 dollars I can't afford right now thats all and I have the AOR that does the marshall thing really really good
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
^What they said, that's a good amp at a great price. =D
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
It'd be awesome if you could turn that happy pedal into an overdrive or something.
I was able to rip out my old FAB overdrive's circuit and it is very compact. With some drilling and maybe some duct tape, you should be able to mount it inside of the happy pedal and make it a functioning overdrive.
You could probably do it with the distortion or metal models too
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
It'd be awesome if you could turn that happy pedal into an overdrive or something.
I was able to rip out my old FAB overdrive's circuit and it is very compact. With some drilling and maybe some duct tape, you should be able to mount it inside of the happy pedal and make it a functioning overdrive.
You could probably do it with the distortion or metal models too

lol.........i'll remember that bro

Brocks...whad do ya think?
you gotta do that it would be awesome haha

nice find on the DR I'll have to see if I can get at that
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
you talking to me?

I didn't really get it if so haha.

I"ve heard clips and everything it's just I dunno if there is better or if there is some other choices I and want some opinons from the people here

Lol was making a joke that pretty much all I know is anything and everything to do with metal amps..
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/939073408.html Bassman 20, 18 watts, new speaker, $400.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/938351699.html Blonde? $450? fap fap fap. *goes out to smoke*.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/930334673.html VC5212? 50 watts aughtta stay clean. I can't believe I didn't give up after the blonde...

Good luck Brett.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
that bandmaster is very cool I'll go look taht up 450 seems like a good price
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
It does, that may be the score of the century. It reminds me a lot of my vibroverb ri, it may be a ri as well. It has the ground switch that the old ones had, but so does my ri - it's just a dummy switch. (Sure, keep the stupid switch that does nothing and put a SS rectifier in that - thanks Fenderholes) No telling though without running some serial numbers etc, email him nao or some lurker will.
yeah I'll see what I can do
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
FTR, I can't find any reissues of this amp. Production years were 60-63 for this model from what I can tell. But I'm not positive on that by any means. See what he says.
yeah I looked for a Reissue also and didn't find one is this the real thing?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
If it is, that's one heck of a deal.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Like a third or better of what it should cost, IMO.