the band director told me i need a jazzier and fuller tone, can u guys give me some tips to achieving the perfect jazz tone?
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Perfect jazz tone? There is no such thing.

Jazz is so varied, you really can get away with just about anything.
i have a fender deluxe jazz bass and a fender rumble 100
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
this could be because i play too much punk, but if you add some treble and a little more bass on that, you might end up with a twangier tone, but the added bass will keep it full. i don't know if that suits your type of jazz but it's worth a shot, mess with your mids too.
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
right now i have bass turned up all the way, but hes asking for more bass, help?
Quote by postmortem2006

Herpes maybe.
hmm...boost your mids instead then along with your treble too, im trying to find a way to make it twangier but full at the same time
Guitar
Fender Alder Strat w/ SD Invader, P90
Fender Blacktop Telecaster
Ovation Celebrity
Amp
Bolt BTH-100 w/ Marshall 1960A Lead
Drums
OCDP Avalon Series w/ Zildjian Custom A/K

Psycho Circus
No Boundaries Studios
Wait, what? How muddy does he want that thing to be?

Turn the bass back down a bit, solo the neck pup on your bass and play away from the bridge...as close to the neck as you can comfortably get.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Wait, what? How muddy does he want that thing to be?

Turn the bass back down a bit, solo the neck pup on your bass and play away from the bridge...as close to the neck as you can comfortably get.

This and use a bit of palm muting. If you are willing to go for a set of flatwounds that would help as well. Sometimes I'll add just a pinch of chorus as well.
i would say put the bass setting at about 7 and mids at about 6 7 or 8 treble at about 5 or 6. thats what i do for jazz but also i have a all tube amp so it might be different for yours