So, i got a new Schecter C-1 Elite used, and when i got home, i noticed that there was terrible fret buzz on the first fret (Particularly on G and B), Raising the bridge helped a little, but the action is now way too high. What could this be? Could it be the strings?

I noticed that its the second fret rubbing against the strings, but i dont know how to fix it without having to have obnoxiously high action

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Ibanez20th
Your trussrod Likely needs adjusting. Does it buzz open stringed. because then it would likely be that the nut is too low.

No, it does not buzz when open.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
It is probably a bend in the neck...

if it is then you will need to adjust it to get rid of the buzzing.

can u see a bend in the neck?
Quote by grnday1236
yea, i have a fender that does the same thing... i shud get that fixed...

Do you know what it is at all?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
If the problem has tried to be solved using:

1. Truss rod adjustment
2. Raised action
3. Bridge alteration
4. Nut modification

Or the machine in the factory which presses the frets in may have not been consistent and left that one fret raised.

Option = A guitar luthier can file that fret down.
click the green link in my sig. do the measurement under truss rod adjustment.
repost with the measurement.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have the same problem. I've pretty much figured out that it was the truss rod as well.

whoever owned the guitar before me was retarded and tried to make it have perfect action by making his own nut (idiot) and messed with the truss rod, thinking he knew what he was doing, so he made the neck straight as a friggin laser. I've never seen something so precisely straight in my life. that means i have to jack my bridges up as well, so i'm gonna have someone get a slight bend in the neck so it doesnt buzz on th first frets anymore, so i can lower the saddles.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
I have the same problem. I've pretty much figured out that it was the truss rod as well.

whoever owned the guitar before me was retarded and tried to make it have perfect action by making his own nut (idiot) and messed with the truss rod, thinking he knew what he was doing, so he made the neck straight as a friggin laser. I've never seen something so precisely straight in my life. that means i have to jack my bridges up as well, so i'm gonna have someone get a slight bend in the neck so it doesnt buzz on th first frets anymore, so i can lower the saddles.

Thats a good idea, that helped..

And for the person above, ill make those measurements soon.

Also, i might just return it and find a different guitar to buy..

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX