I just got this sweet ass Strat off ebay, and it's perfect in every way except the bridge isn't completely flat on the body. What would happen if I didn't take it to get fixed?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Yeah, I noticed it goes out of tune quicker than my old Strat knock-off, but it's not like it takes a long time to tune the damn thing.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
it was liek that on my guitar too, just tune down for a step or lower, then open the back plat and tighten thos 2 screws that are pointing towards the neck of the guitar untill u can tune it and its level, takes 5 mins.....

pics of the new axe?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by stevenpollock
It looks like a toy - I like it.

Also, it sounds like whoever had the guitar before you had the guitar set up with a floating trem. Totally normal if it isn't pulled up too far. Search on the net for setting up a Strat, you're got some decisions to make.

add springs and or tighten the two screws, like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well I don't really care that much, so I'm just not gonna do anything.
Quote by stevenpollock
that looks like a 2 point trem to me (cant see completly clearly though). i know my strat with a 2pt is never flat on the body. the edge closest to the pickups is actually raised itself, so it would be impossible to get it completly on the body. ive found the best way to set it up is to get it parallel to the body so that it just sits like that when the guitar is by itself.

it just takes some time to adjust the trem claw, retune, re-intonate and repeat until it is as close to perfect as you can get it. time, patience and a nice tuner are all you need.
i just screwed the two screws completely into the body....now i basically have a hardtail but can still dive-bomb if need be
Quote by jof1029
that looks like a 2 point trem to me (cant see completly clearly though). i know my strat with a 2pt is never flat on the body. the edge closest to the pickups is actually raised itself, so it would be impossible to get it completly on the body. ive found the best way to set it up is to get it parallel to the body so that it just sits like that when the guitar is by itself.

it just takes some time to adjust the trem claw, retune, re-intonate and repeat until it is as close to perfect as you can get it. time, patience and a nice tuner are all you need.

Yep. A fulcrum trem needs to be flush to the body. Granted, if you're careful with setups, and have the patience to tune/tweak it, you can have it slightly higher than flush to give a little more pull up range, but I would only do that on a Floyd Rose/Double locking trem.