i want to get a new guitar and i can't decide between these two. they are the same price and are both pretty and have active pickups. but i want to know which one is more playable and is better quality wise. i play heavy metal, some metalcore, neoclassical metal, southern rock/metal, i like to shred and i want a guitar that is super fast and easy to play.

B.C. Rich DLXJRVO Deluxe Jr. V
-EMG active pickups
-floyd rose
-body: eastern mahogany
-neck: maple
-fretboard: ebony
-24 frets
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-DLXJRVO-Deluxe-Jr.-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=517529

Dean ML Knight
-EMG active pickups
-floyd rose
-body: mahogany
-neck: mahogany
-fretboard: rosewood
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML-Knight-Electric-Guitar?sku=516227
bc rich. i've played it before and i liked it very much. if you get a dean at the same quality you'd be looking at over a grand.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Have you played either of them?

Personally, I haven't played either of them. But I have a Dean, mind you, not the same model, nor the same price, but I haven't really had any problems with it.

I only hear the worst from B.C. Rich, although, a lot of people say the Schuldiner Stealth is an astounding guitar.

But, you never really know until you try them out.

I vote Dean.
A dean with the specs of that bcrich would cost u over 2 or 3 grand, besides imo the BC Rich is better and its better on paper(neck through, emgs,OFR, ebony fretboard)
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
ok, thats what it thought. i have just heard bad stuff about b.c. rich's but i also heard that they've really upped their standards on their cheaper guitars to try and regain their good name.
BC rich.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
BC rich looks like the better one for the money
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
pretty thin but thicker than an ibanez neck (in other words not tendonitis thin)
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Get the BC Rich. It overall beats the Dean.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
ok, i can't stand ibanez necks, to thin for me, i want my neck to have at least some girth.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

DEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

played it and it sounds grate and is extremely well made.

my only complaint is i didnt like the feel of the paint (which would stop me buying it), but my freind loved it.

it looks amazing though
BC Rich cos it has an OFR
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
B.C Rich, I played the new version of that V yesterday and it blows away most V's except for the Gibson Flying V, which...I personally adore but anyway, seriously though, The Rich is honestly a much better choice in personal opinion, go try it out though, its not for everyone.
I love Deans but I'm gonna say go with the B.C. Rich.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
neither. i cant stand the way deans feel and b.c. rich's sound like a baby in a blender.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
The bad rep B.C. Rich get is mainly due to some of their lower-end stuff (*cough* warlock).

The one you picked looks pretty nice. Certainly take that one over the Dean, lol don't get a shorter scale guitar unless you really prefer that type.

By the way, the B.C. Rich has an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose, which you know is good. The Dean has a licensed floyd rose, I'm not sure how good they are.
Quote by tigerking615
The bad rep B.C. Rich get is mainly due to some of their lower-end stuff (*cough* Bronze and Platinum series).

The one you picked looks pretty nice. Certainly take that one over the Dean, lol don't get a shorter scale guitar unless you really prefer that type.

By the way, the B.C. Rich has an ORIGINAL Floyd Rose, which you know is good. The Dean has a licensed floyd rose, I'm not sure how good they are.

Fixed. I actually don't mind BCR so much, I'd get a mockingbird or that V.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden