Page 1 of 2
Wow, that was awesome!

That was that kid that was in that video called "8 year Virtuoso Shredding" or something like that and a bunch of people gave him ****. He became badass now, hopefully he continues to progress like this.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
The kid probably makes decent money doing that...
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
On one hand, it's really awesome to see someone with such technique on such a low age.. on the other hand, he's probably one of those kids that basically gets pushed into this by his parents (like those many chess child prodigies). I hope he'll find it fun.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
Quote by Wiegraf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8EJ-4RHjs0

Same kid playing Get Out of My Yard in Standard tuning.

That was awesome.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
I read the topic title as "sacrificed by 11 year old"
MRavioli: Is Steve Vai still Steve Vai without a massive tremolo backing him up?
Retro Rocker: He could probably think one into existence if he had to.
Bet he's been playing almost all his life. Still he's cool, I wish I could play scarified.
Quote by MRavioli
That kid will never have problems getting laid.

Mmm he probably will... From sitting in room all day practicing, becoming socially retarded.
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
He's John Petrucci's son o.o

D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Quote by Freepower
Er, I'm totally not impressed.

>.>

<.<

On an unrelated topic I am off to practice.

I've almost never seen you impressed...

I don't understand some of you people.
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
Quote by XxLloydxX
He's John Petrucci's son o.o

No, he isn't.
Quote by Wikipedia
Petrucci is married to Rena Sands, a guitarist in the all-female heavy metal band Meanstreak, and they have 3 children, SamiJo and Reny (who are twins), and Kiara.

This kid is a Russian called Anton Oparin.
Quote by Freepower
If you didn't watch the vid of GTOMY in standard, that's what I was impressed with.

Oh, I'm stupid , I didn't catch the sarcasm in your post haha...My point still stands...sometimes...
Quote by Fishyesque

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
No, wait, I haven't even seen PG do it in standard. He always does the re-tuning thing... Unless I haven't seen enough. The reason I was so shocked by the kid is because he's doing it note-perfect and cleanly, in standard.
^^ Thats how the Japanese band score has GOOMY tabbed and I dont have a clue why because they get Three Es for Edward right tuning-wise.

Try it though, its one hell of a practise routine.
Thank God im an atheist
Quote by Myung-trucci
Man, I'm 13 and I can't play half as good as that...

Well, how long have you been playing? About how many hours of real practice have you given?

I'm guessing his hours of real practice are higher then yours. It isn't a matter of how old you are, it's a matter of how much you have been playing.

Bravo to the kid, glad he likes to play guitar and does so well.
Quote by sheumack111
The kid is a parrot.

And so's everyone when they start out. Let alone at that age. Lay off.

Aside from that, being my overly critical self, he needs to get some proper vibrato first

One can only hope he doesn't burn out on it by the time he gets older... Which is going to be hard to avoid, I think.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Last edited by Resiliance at Dec 11, 2008,
You never know. I'll be watching this anyway, a kid who's even aware of muting and correct technique is fairly impressive. I'm really hoping he's got some rhythm guitar skillz though.
The only problem I see is if the kid isn't a musical person, he'll never have any will to make music and his technique will be left to waste.

....or maybe I can make him play my spider army composition...hmmm....

probably just some kid getting pushed by his parents and plays all day and night.
no feeling and emotion, and it's a little bit too perfect.
I should kill myself for not being able to play Scarified as well as him. However, that Get Out of My Yard video sounded like shit in my opinion.
I still don't get what's so impressive about that video. There's really nothing "musical" involved in that performance. That's what you get when you lock your kid in a basement for a couple of years and give him food only when he gets 10 bpm faster. Anybody can do that with correct amount of practice.
Quote by Stratwizard
I still don't get what's so impressive about that video. There's really nothing "musical" involved in that performance. That's what you get when you lock your kid in a basement for a couple of years and give him food only when he gets 10 bpm faster. Anybody can do that with correct amount of practice.

^^ Jealous. End of story.

*Edit* Just listened to your videos on youtube your a great player. Keep up the good work.
Last edited by Mase947 at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Stratwizard

Talent exists. Some people can get to be able to do that faster than other people, and not everyone gets correct practice, define correct practicing.

edit: Just saw your vidss and yeah you can play with a nice use of dynamics like a real guitar player should. But I think it's still impressive to see an 11 year old play that fast, let that kid grow and he'll be playing like you want him to
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Last edited by XxLloydxX at Dec 14, 2008,
He has the skills to go pretty far, but his vibrato needs work. It's still pretty cool to see other people that are around my age like technical guitar playing and enjoy practicing etc. He should move to my town
Quote by Stratwizard

... yes, but how many people actually do that much practice?
Indeed its the same as 'everyone could be that knowledgable about mongolian history' 'Everyone could run 100m in under 10 seconds' 'Everyone could be a healthy weight'. Props to the kid for doing it, at least he looks like hes enjoying himself.

Page 1 of 2