Having only heard that kind of music inside of a Mario game, I liked it a lot I'm wondering how would I go about making music like that? Do I expressly need one of those old sound chips, or is there any way to reproduce those sounds? I'm afraid you've inspired me to make some of my own
Quote by st.stephen
Having only heard that kind of music inside of a Mario game, I liked it a lot I'm wondering how would I go about making music like that? Do I expressly need one of those old sound chips, or is there any way to reproduce those sounds? I'm afraid you've inspired me to make some of my own

I'm new to it aswell but I use a tracker called Milkytracker (http://www.milkytracker.net/?download). It's sort of like a piano roll that goes down instead of left. If you need any help I could probably help you out. Also the genre is called chiptunes.
i love it. i could see it in a montage of a drug user doing something bad.....take from that what u will
I dunno, I kinda thought it was boring really. A good intro but it never really went anywhere..

Also you could of just use a 8bit plugin vst to get the exact same sounds. I've made a few tracks using it before.. none in my profile here though
When the sun falls the moon rises...

My attempt at art lasted for an instant and then faded like a candle without oil...

When i get around to making more candles hopefully my art will return in a perfect form that all can appreciate.
I like it. Cool stuff. Does get a little boring/repetitive though.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs