Ok so I'm making a amp head case thing for my Randall RG50TC so I don't have to lug around the combo and I was wondering how hard would it be to wire a few LED lights into it?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Micro LEDs, resistors, LED holders, glue. Simple as that.

By the way, in my experience, look for some fish tank lights, they come in strips with micro LEDS and they're all wired up for mains power.
cathode to ground, anode to power, maybe throw in a resistor, but don't just trust me. I amy be wrong on the whole thing, I've already forgot.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Light Emitting Diode Lights? Those are my favourite kind!

Yeah, do what they said, with a 330 ohm resistor, so you don't blow the LED. You probably won't, but better safe than sorry.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Vandals572
Do any of you have a schematic for this?

You could buy the stuff. I'm interested in this idea from another forum (I'm allowed to link to another forum, aren't I?)

Basschat

Hope that's some help.
Look at my Avatar. Its exactly what you want. Blue L.E.D's in a head. There are pictures of the head on my profile. I bought a L.E.D. strip form Auto Zone, that plugged into a 12v cigarette lighter. I cut the cigarette lighter end off, and wired it to a old 12v dc converter I had laying around. Just a regular wall wart. It works great and looks good too. The good thing about using a wall wart to power your lights is that you don't have to mess with any wiring inside of your amp. Like I said, check out my page to see the head I built with lights.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by Matt420740
Look at my Avatar. Its exactly what you want. Blue L.E.D's in a head. There are pictures of the head on my profile. I bought a L.E.D. strip form Auto Zone, that plugged into a 12v cigarette lighter. I cut the cigarette lighter end off, and wired it to a old 12v dc converter I had laying around. Just a regular wall wart. It works great and looks good too. The good thing about using a wall wart to power your lights is that you don't have to mess with any wiring inside of your amp. Like I said, check out my page to see the head I built with lights.

Well I wanted to wire it up to the amp so I would only have to plug in one thing

Also to the guy 2 posts up I asked for a schematic not how i would get the stuff

edit: nvm i see what your saying, but i would like to wire it up to my amp so i dont have to plug in an extra thing
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Last edited by Vandals572 at Dec 3, 2008,
I see what your saying about only plugging one thing in. I have a ****load of outlets behind where my rig always sets, so it doesn't bother me. I don't know where to get a schematic to do it the way you want, but I can point you to a place that will help. Its a site for Amp builders. Most of the guys on those forums builds there own custom amps, and if you ask in their forum they will tell you exactly how to do it, probably even draw you up a schematic.

Go Here and find the discussion forum:
http://www.ax84.com/

Hope it helps, and nice Job on the Cabinet you built
It's not that hard guys. Find a datasheet for the LED's and look at the forward voltage. Now divide the mains' voltage by that number and put that many LED's in series. I would add a big resistor behind it too. And definitely: Watch out with this high voltage! Don't trust me because if I am wrong I don't want you to ruin your amp or your face with this stuff so really watch out, double check everything, make sure every part is rated for the voltage and current, and double check it again!
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by Øttər
Light Emitting Diode Lights? Those are my favourite kind!

Yeah, do what they said, with a 330 ohm resistor, so you don't blow the LED. You probably won't, but better safe than sorry.

That resistor is a must not optional. Without it the LED will "blow".

330R is assuming we are using a 9V DC source or somehere around there. The current limiting resistor all depends on the source voltage.
^ Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess all I ever use is 9V DC, so that didn't occur to me.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by guitarmaniac88
cathode to ground, anode to power, maybe throw in a resistor, but don't just trust me. I amy be wrong on the whole thing, I've already forgot.

Your sig = fail.

superfail.
------

Shwiggity.