i have a question

whats UG's comparision on the all tube B52 half stack (cant remember the name) and lets say a bugera 6262? cleans? gain?
what would you say?
Budget high gain amps, give em a try and decide for yourself.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Youtube is your friend. If you can't try them then you're pretty much going to have to base your decision off of reviews and clips of them.
yea...or i was thinking about getting something more like a combo (whos gonna REALY need 400 watts of all tube power?)

but i cant find anything really that good.....under 1000 and new....wanting modern high gain like hardcore/metalcore/grindcore stuff
There's plenty of stuff, and there are no 400 watt tube amps. The rating on the cab has nothing to do with how much power the amp has.

Hmm, If you stretched a bit you could get a rectoverb combo. If you looked used you could get a rectoverb in budget, or 5150 + 2x12 or a 5150 combo. Randall rg50tc is a worth a look, so are the bugeras and b-52s like you're already looking at. Peavey XXX is a good amp, the ultra is good too if you look used. Mesa f-30/50, or dc-3/5 are good too, again used.

There are tons of amps in your budget if you go used.